Multi-site Dermatology Group Seeks Licensed Practical Nurse
The Dermatology Center of Indiana is recruiting an experienced full time Licensed Practical Nurse to join our growing Dermatology and Medical Aesthetics group in Zionsville, IN.
The LPN/LVN is a licensed practical/vocational nurse, The LPN is provided with the education and skills of focused assessments, medication administration, patient education, and general nursing education. The LPN will work in place of an MA, UCT or CCT when unavailable.
- Accompany provider in room during patient visit.
- Patient Triage, to include, but not limited to vital signs; history; observational examination. LPN may interview, collect data, and make observations to contribute to the plan of care. The LPN may not make an independent nursing diagnosis or initiate a plan of care.
- Demonstrates true engagement and enthusiasm to provide nursing care for patients and families.
- Promotes an inclusive environment supportive of patient and family centered care.
- Accepts assignments for patient care within the scope of his/her preparation and within current standards of nursing practice.
- Collaborates as a member of the health care team, contributing toward a supportive and therapeutic environment that promotes the attainment of patient goals that are specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic, and timely.
- Accurately obtains vital signs, elicits information about the patient's basic health status, administers relevant nursing care within scope of practice and as directed, and documents as appropriate in the electronic health record.
- Scribe document in EHR to include history of present illness, review of systems, physical exam findings, diagnostic assessment, and plan of care.
- Enter orders for procedures or labs, as directed by the provider.
- Enter billing information as determined by the type of office visit.
- Assist with procedures, as directed by provider.
- Treat all information and data utilized in the scope of the scribe position with complete confidentiality and security in compliance with governing HIPAA regulations.
- Provides general care to patients and administers prescribed medications and treatments.
- Maintain exam rooms with necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observe, record and report patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Educates patient / family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greet patients and prepares them for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. · Schedule follow-up appointments/procedures, as indicated by the provider
- Communicate and interact professionally with others. · Maintain accurate patient records.
- Responsible for reporting improperly operating medical equipment and instruments to supervisor.
- Responsible for following OSHA regulations.
- Regularly interacts with physicians and other departments to identify and resolve problems.
- Maintains patient, employee and clinic confidentiality
- Administers medication as ordered and according to established policies and procedures.
- Performs routine tests that may include but is not limited to electrocardiograms, vision and hearing screening, and the collection of specimens for laboratory testing and point of care.
- Participates in team-based care and patient education initiatives to support the health and wellness of patients.
- Offers basic instruction per protocol or as directed.
- Reinforces patient instruction as provided.
- Participates in telephone screening of patient calls; may provide instruction to patient when following approved protocol or as directed
- Participates in prescription management tasks including preparation of new prescriptions and renewals requiring approval, prior authorizations, and medication reconciliation.
- Follows and practices all policies and procedures
- State LPN Licensure BLS Certification
- 1 year of Dermatology experience preferred
About The Dermatology Center of Indiana
At The Dermatology Center of Indiana, our mission to revolutionize skin care starts by partnering with outstanding, industry-leading dermatologists. We strive to be the best in everything we do, and we take pride in creating environments where our physicians and providers excel. Our powerhouse practice support and back-office teams are 100% focused on ensuring all aspects of the practice are optimized to fully support our exceptional providers. Our comprehensive approach gives our dermatologists the tools and the time to focus on doing what they love—providing great patient care. If you want to join a team dedicated to revolutionizing dermatology, we’d love to connect with you.