DEPT®. Founded in Amsterdam in 2015, DEPT® has quickly grown across the globe from 150 people in The Netherlands to 4,000+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on five continents delivering pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. As a certified B-Corp we live and breathe the ‘big enough to cope, small enough to care’ ethos, providing an inclusive, supportive and exciting place to accelerate your career.
In Australia we are a band of roughly 160 talented individuals and our people are the core of what we do and who we are. We have an office in Sydney and Melbourne where the focus is on creating an environment where the best come together to solve difficult problems with a playful mindset. We are experts in our field and bring excellence to everything we do.
At DEPT® we look at today’s landscape of emerging technology and build digital products that become tomorrow’s solutions. We ship early and we ship often because experiences are better off in the hands of real people than on a whiteboard in a conference room. Whether designing or developing an app, service, product or ecosystem, we make important things with a playful mindset and attract brands who share our ambitions.
As we continue our exciting growth journey, we’re now looking for a talented Quality Engineer to join the fun. You will be working with highly experienced and professional teams on cutting-edge technology creating Mixed Reality games. Working with the biggest names in technology, you will be a part of a team paving the way for MR content and game development!
We’re currently seeking a Quality Engineer with gaming experience, who is passionate about working with new technologies and finding bugs! You will be responsible for carrying out various testing tasks, including but not limited to creating and maintaining automated test suites, you will also:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Work to define and improve the testing strategy for the project
- Perform the different testing tasks required by the projects or delegate as required
- Identify risks within the project and create plans to mitigate them during the development and release phase of the project
- Practise continuous improvement for quality strategy and related processes in the project to make them more efficient
- When problems with processes are identified, lead and communicate new ideas to the teams involved in the project, including engineering, design teams and any other stakeholders
- Throughout all phases of product development report progress and plans
- Advocate for the other Quality Engineers when required and needed
We are looking for someone with experience as a Quality Engineer, but also ready to take the next leap in their career.
You should be able to tick a few of these:
- 3-5 years experience in software development QA and Games QA experience
- Experience working across departments to align goals
- Good communication and cooperation skills - a team player
- A detail-oriented, analytical, creative thinker, who is committed to thorough testing and issue resolution
- Experience in writing and executing test cases, and reporting on results
- Experience working with Agile SDLC
- VR/AR/MR experience is a bonus
- Exposure to Git and Jira is also bonus
We’re flexible - we don’t mind how or when you work just as long as you can be available online during business hours. Life, families and pandemics happen and we appreciate how hard it is to balance everything, everyday.
You'll have access to our ‘Bulls with Benefits’ offering. This includes an abundance of additional leave offerings (think Doona Day, Birthday leave and Parental leave options for all), annual working from home allowances and access to development opportunities.
This is your chance to be part of a team of humans - we come together in support, love and humanity to celebrate what makes each of us special. If that sounds like you, get in touch!
Check us out! www.deptagency.com
Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they feel they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply. In addition, we strive to provide a safe space for all. We encourage you to let us know confidentially if we can provide any additional support or accommodations for you to fully participate in our recruitment experience. Contact email@example.com to notify us of any needs related to completing the job application or taking part in our interview process.
Please note that the successful applicant for this position will be subject to a background check, in line with legislative requirements