DEPT®. Founded in Amsterdam in 2015, DEPT® has quickly grown across the globe from 150 people in The Netherlands to 4,000+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on five continents delivering pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. As a certified B-Corp we live and breathe the ‘big enough to cope, small enough to care’ ethos, providing an inclusive, supportive and exciting place to accelerate your career.
In Australia we are a band of roughly 160 talented individuals and our people are the core of what we do and who we are. We have an office in Sydney and Melbourne where the focus is on creating an environment where the best come together to solve difficult problems with a playful mindset. We are experts in our field and bring excellence to everything we do.
At DEPT® we look at today’s landscape of emerging technology and build digital products that become tomorrow’s solutions. We ship early and we ship often because experiences are better off in the hands of real people than on a whiteboard in a conference room. Whether designing or developing an app, service, product or ecosystem, we make important things with a playful mindset and attract brands who share our ambitions.
As we continue our exciting growth journey, we’re now looking for a talented Senior Game Designer to join the fun. You will be working with highly experienced and professional teams on cutting-edge technology creating Mixed Reality games. Working with the biggest names in technology, you will be a part of a team paving the way for MR content and game development!.
As a Senior Game Designer you’ll be involved in all elements of design; from helping develop the game vision and championing it to the team, right through to designing game mechanics and implementing levels and systems.
- Contribute to the game vision with the Creative Director, Producer and Game Leads
- Communicate and champion the game vision to the team on a day to day basis
- Execute the game vision in terms of design documentation and implementation of game mechanics/systems, levels and other design content
- Work closely with the Programming, Art, Animation and QA teams to ensure content and features are delivered to the highest quality
- Contribute to the creative and dynamic problem solving process of game development - your design process should strive to hit the highest quality within the constraints of the project while maintaining a healthy work/life balance and positive team culture
- Refine, balance and tune gameplay
- Engage with player feedback to improve the gameplay experience
- Prototype concepts and mechanics for new projects
- Remain current on industry design trends and the competitive landscape
- Perform any other relevant related tasks, as required
We are looking for switched-on, experienced Game Designers that thrive on small teams where they can work autonomously and have a big impact.
Ideally you will also have:
- 3-5 years or more experience working in the game industry
- Experience developing major game systems or levels for at least one shipped product
- Some experience in VR/AR/MR and Unity
- Client-facing experience would also be an advantage
We’re flexible - we don’t mind how or when you work just as long as you can be available online during business hours. Life, families and pandemics happen and we appreciate how hard it is to balance everything, everyday.
You'll have access to our ‘Bulls with Benefits’ offering. This includes an abundance of additional leave offerings (think Doona Day, Birthday leave and Parental leave options for all), annual working from home allowances and access to development opportunities.
This is your chance to be part of a team of humans - we come together in support, love and humanity to celebrate what makes each of us special. If that sounds like you, get in touch!
Check us out! www.deptagency.com
Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they feel they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply. In addition, we strive to provide a safe space for all. We encourage you to let us know confidentially if we can provide any additional support or accommodations for you to fully participate in our recruitment experience. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of any needs related to completing the job application or taking part in our interview process.
Please note that the successful applicant for this position will be subject to a background check, in line with legislative requirements