JOB DESCRIPTION: Social Media Analyst
*Internally, this role is known as Social Analyst
JOIN OUR MISSION 🚀
A BIT ABOUT US…
Byte/Dept® is a marketing technology agency based in London, New York and Berlin on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We bring together data, technology, content, and paid media to drive revenue for brands. Since being founded in 2014, Byte/Dept® has grown to more than 170 brilliant people and now part of the DEPT® network.
Dept® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 3,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. Dept® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
- Digital strategy
- Creative idea generation
- Digital content production
- Dynamic creative and assets at scale
- Chatbot design & build
- AR lenses
- Automated digital products
- R&D emerging technologies
- MarTech consultancy
- Web 3.0 Consultancy
- Metaverse Content Development and Production
- Paid media strategy
- Biddable media planning & buying
- Automation of processes
- Data analytics & insights
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Dept®. We need someone to work with the core teams to interrogate data and deliver insightful analysis of social media performance across a portfolio of clients.
The role of Social Analyst is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Develop reporting frameworks to deliver accurate reporting in a timely manner outlining core performance in line with the client objectives.
- Prepare specific social media data reports and talking points, monitor and audit data quality
- Lead the vision for how cross-platform data can be utilised to inform optimal content creation and distribution
- Work with clients internal analytics team to supplement any platform data with other relevant client data
- Contribute insights and strategic thinking to all areas of the business (content, technology, media, data)
- Stay on top of platform and content trends, specifically regarding data insights best practises
- Utilise social listening tools to monitor brand sentiment, trends and surface key talking points and topics of relevance for creative responses
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing insights uncovered in your analysis process
- Continue to optimise and develop reporting processes to ensure efficiency
- Research and assess technology solutions, processes and data sources to improve our capabilities
- Liaise with suppliers when relevant
- Present work internally and externally
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- Relevant experience within a social media analytical role at a digital/creative agency or internally at a consumer focused brand. This could be as an analyst or social media management role.
- Strong understanding of key social media platforms and the key metrics and data points associated with them.
- Ideally an understanding of both organic and paid social media
- Advanced proficiency reporting across a number of social media platforms including but not limited to; TikTok, Facebook/Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and Twitter. Familiarity with Google analytics or other analytical platforms useful
- Expertise in social listening platforms like Pulsar/Brandwatch
- Intermediate or higher proficiency Excel skills
- An inquisitive and numeric mindset
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Good understanding of how to develop social first creative
- Understanding of how organic social can play a role in helping clients meet their overall business objectives
- Knowledge and experience of developing bespoke reporting frameworks
- Ability to develop new reporting methodologies
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Training & development opportunities
- Events calendar throughout the year promoting health & wellbeing, learning, fun, and good Dept®s
- Global Annual Dept Cares Day which Dept® cadets can donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual Dept Festival
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a combination of office and remote working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, INCLUSION
Diversity, Equality & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour