Head of Design
DEPT® is one of the world’s fastest growing agencies, with over 2,500 Depsters across Europe and the US. We are a pure-play digital agency, Lovies’ agency of the year, and our work has been recognised this year with 16 Webby awards nominations and 11 wins!
We are looking for a Head of Design for our Manchester-based Design and Technology team. The role is to lead and grow our creative offering and to make it a number 1 design destination for clients in the UK.
As the Head of Design, you will work alongside the Head of UX to craft award-winning digital experiences and intuitive interfaces. You’ll challenge the status quo, bringing new thinking and approaches to our work.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with both enterprise-level and SME organisations, delivering both B2B and B2C digital experiences across a range of platforms. This is a great opportunity for a talented design professional to step up their experience working with international brands in a fast-moving environment.
You will be responsible for the creative output of the department and work with the managing directors of DEPT® UK to shape the design team's processes and approaches. This will involve reviewing team software and methods frequently to improve efficiency and stay up-to-date with developments in our industry. In addition to supporting new business opportunities, identifying skills gaps, training needs and recruitment opportunities.
You will act as a coach, mentor and leader, ensuring all the design team members are supported in their progress and development, identifying the right projects to help each team member grow and develop. You will inspire creativity and pride amongst the team, ensuring the department's creative reputation thrives and develops under your stewardship.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Have at least 6 years of experience working in a similar role (preferably within an agency)
- Can establish, lead and guide a design department
- Have experience in all stages of the design process, from discovery through to execution
- Are passionate about design and ready to take any project to the next level
- Manage time efficiently and are capable of overseeing multiple billable projects simultaneously
- Have excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Are able to think quickly on your feet and come up with creative ideas that help define a project's creative direction
- Can successfully critique designers' work in order to get the best results
- Are industry aware, always on the lookout for fresh approaches to engage and motivate your team, creating a positive team culture
- Experience working in an agile environment using Digital Experience Platforms (DXPs), Design Systems, Digital Patterns and Interactions is preferred.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.