DEPT® is looking to hire a Lead Frontend Developer to join our Manchester team and successfully transform the dream designs of our global B2C and B2B clients into well-functioning platforms and engaging experiences.
As a Lead, you will provide expertise to the team as well as designing underlying solution architectures, overseeing project development all the way through to delivery.
You will act as an interface between the development team and the client, providing an engineering perspective on digital roadmap goals and helping the team to understand and balance scope and priorities along the way. You will work on new builds as well as existing codebases, so your experience will make you comfortable tackling projects at all stages in the delivery cycle.
You will be confident in taking ownership of projects and always promote technical best practices, both through your own work as well as through mentoring, pair programming and code reviews.
We are looking for someone with expert technical skills who is passionate about new technologies, ways of working and sharing knowledge. You’ll always be on the lookout for better tools and techniques to adopt, and be passionate about identifying upskilling opportunities to continually strengthen the team.
We’re keen for our skilled frontend leads to support the continual professional development of more junior team members through line management, so previous management experience would be advantageous but not essential. That said, we’d be keen to also meet candidates who prefer to focus more on their technical craft.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Are a skilled Senior Developer who is experienced in developing large scale data-driven websites and applications and who possesses expert skills in HTML/CSS/JS/Typescript
- Have expert knowledge of JS frameworks (we predominantly use React/Next.js) including advanced features/libraries such as hook usage, context API etc.
- Have experience working on enterprise-level React projects, integrating with multiple third-party APIs
- Have experience building solutions with server-side rendered, static and client-side approaches
- Have experience in building highly performant and accessible websites and applications
- Have knowledge of headless content management systems such as Contentful, Strapi, Prismic, Storyblok and Sanity, and are able to advise on the best tool for the job in hand
- Understand different testing methodologies such as unit, end-to-end and integration testing, and are capable of writing tests for each
- Are fully capable of designing, owning, and running the technical implementation of a complex project with multiple integrations or challenges
- Are capable of running and directing teams working on substantial projects
- Have a can-do attitude and are always looking to better your yourself and your team
- Have experience in optimising existing applications to maximise performance and accessibility
- Experience managing other people would be advantageous
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills – written and oral
- Are able to organise and prioritise your own tasks and responsibilities
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- An annual social budget is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments are provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4 pm on a Friday
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT®️ Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT®️ Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®️, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT®️ is a certified B Corporation and it is our mission to have a positive impact on not just our people and clients, but on society as a whole. Find out more about our positive impact
DEPT®️ is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT®️ is a global digital agency, pioneering tech and marketing to help brands stay ahead. The company creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT®️ team of over 2,500 digital specialists span 30+ offices across 5 continents, working for top brands like Google, Samsung, KFC, Philips, Twitch, Patagonia, TikTok and more. Find out more about us.