For our business team in Hamburg we are looking for a Tech Lead TypeScript/Headless* with excellent knowledge in specifying and developing headless frontend architectures for enterprise E-commerce projects with several years of project experience.
As a Tech Lead Enterprise E-commerce* you will lead a team of Software Engineers within the unit of your technical focus as part of the IT department. You will be the professional and disciplinary leader of your team, you will recognise potentials, hidden skills and support their individual growth.
Your team implements highly customized, scalable and performant B2C/B2B Enterprise E-commerce solutions on symfony based shop systems like Spryker and Shopware 6.
You advise clients and partners in your projects regarding technical questions and help the project teams to deliver best-in-class platforms which take the business of our clients to the next level.
Our highly skilled teams work in agile (Scrum, Kanban), interdisciplinary (Developers, Consultants, Strategists and Project Managers) and international project contexts with a high degree of personal responsibility and maintain a constant knowledge sharing.
Main facts summary:
- Develop new and improve modern headless architectures for B2C/B2B Enterprise E-commerce platforms on symfony based shop systems like Spryker and Shopware 6
- Advise Enterprise E-commerce clients in the assigned projects on state-of-the-art client-side technologies, best practices and feasibility
- Lead a talented software engineers team (6 - 8 members), recognising potentials and support their individual growth with a focus on client-side development
- Highly professional and international working environment with regard to software engineering, TDD and agility
- Techstack essentials: TypeScript, Vue.js, React, GraphQL
- Location: German-wide, willingness to travel is required for exceptions
Tech skills: YOU
- have excellent knowledge of React or Vue.js and TypeScript in particular and responsive web development with HTML and CSS/Sass in general
- are very experienced in API architectures, especially GraphQL
- have experience with Accessibility according to WCAG standard
- have ideally already have experience in the field of Enterprise E-commerce
- attach great importance to browser and platform compatibility, performance, scalability and maintainability of applications
on any levels
- have solid knowledge with de facto standard tools (e.g. Webpack, GitLab, Bitbucket, Github, CI/CD, Docker)
- share a strong appreciation for clean code, unit tests, code reviews and functional programming
Leader skills: YOU
- have ideally experience as a Tech Lead with personnel responsibility already or completed enterprise level projects as a lead developer over a period of several years
- think in a structured, comprehensive and analytical way
- are enthusiastic about modern technologies, services and platforms
- enjoy to develop projects in the cloud and like to think outside the box
- communicate actively and openly in the team and contribute your ideas
- are a strong team player who would like to work in international teams
- are experienced in working with remote teams
- communicate business fluent in English both verbally and in writing
- An appreciative and collaborative corporate culture with a “Can Do” attitude
- A team with heart & head! – Colleagues who both love their work and value teamwork
- Individual and continuous further training and specialization opportunities in the international Dept environment
- Business language courses in English, German and Dutch
- A lot of sports activities (Yoga, Urban Sports Club, Football etc.)
- Healthy and tasty food
- Bootcamp trainings
- Friday drinks/open bar
- Legendary team outings
- An excellent salary based on experience
Who are we?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
* We are happy about human beings of any gender.