For our business team in Hamburg we are looking for a Tech Lead Enterprise E-Commerce* with excellent PHP knowledge and have several years of experience concerning enterprise projects
As a Tech Lead Enterprise E-commerce* you will lead a team of Software Engineers within the unit of your technical focus as part of the IT department. You will be the professional and disciplinary leader of your team, you will recognise potentials, hidden skills and support their individual growth.
Your team implements highly customized, scalable and performant B2C/B2B Enterprise E-commerce solutions on symfony based shop systems like Spryker and Shopware 6.
You advise clients and partners in your projects regarding technical questions and help the project teams to deliver best-in-class platforms which take the business of our clients to the next level.
Our highly skilled teams work in agile (Scrum, Kanban), interdisciplinary (Developers, Consultants, Strategists and Project Managers) and international project contexts with a high degree of personal responsibility and maintain a constant knowledge sharing.
Main facts summary:
- Develop new and improve existing B2C/B2B Enterprise E-commerce platforms on symfony based shop systems like Spryker and Shopware 6
- Advise Enterprise E-commerce clients in the assigned projects on state-of-the-art technologies, best practices and feasibility
- Lead a talented software engineers team (6 - 8 members), recognising potentials and support their individual growth with a focus on PHP/backend development
- Highly professional and international working environment with regard to software engineering, TDD and agility
- Techstack essentials: PHP (Symfony), doctrine, propel, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL
- Location: German-wide, willingness to travel is required for exceptions
Tech skills: YOU
- have excellent knowledge of PHP in particular and web/mobile development in general
- have ideally already have experience in the field of Enterprise E-commerce and with the integration of third-party systems (PIM, CMS, PSP, OMS, ERP, etc.) that frequently occur
- have ideally already experience in symfony based shop systems (like Spryker, Shopware 6)
- attach great importance to performance, scalability and maintainability of applications
on any levels
- are very experienced in software engineering (S.O.L.I.D. principles, design patterns)
- have solid knowledge with de facto standard tools (e.g. GitLab, Bitbucket, Github, CI/CD, Docker)
- have solid knowledge of data layers and persistence frameworks such as doctrine and propel
- share a strong appreciation for clean code, unit tests, code reviews and functional programming
Leader skills: YOU
- have ideally experience as a Tech Lead with personnel responsibility already or completed enterprise level projects as a lead developer over several years
- think in a structured, comprehensive and analytical way
- are enthusiastic about modern technologies, services and platforms
- enjoy to develop projects in the cloud and like to think outside the box
- communicate actively and openly in the team and contribute your ideas
- are a strong team player who would like to work in international teams
- are experienced in working with remote teams
- communicate business fluent in English both verbally and in writing
- An appreciative and collaborative corporate culture with a “Can Do” attitude
- A team with heart & head! – Colleagues who both love their work and value teamwork
- Individual and continuous further training and specialization opportunities in the international Dept environment
- Business language courses in English, German and Dutch
- A lot of sports activities (Yoga, Urban Sports Club, Football etc.)
- Healthy and tasty food
- Bootcamp trainings
- Friday drinks/open bar
- Legendary team outings
- An excellent salary based on experience
Who are we?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
* We are happy about human beings of any gender.