Fullstack Engineer - Crypto
Rocket Insights (part of Dept) is growing fast and we're looking for a Full Stack developer interested in the crypto space that wants to work with peers and clients that enjoy and build great products together. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client facing engineers that can both understand our client’s business goals and write elegant code.
Rocket Insights is a small but growing, tight-knit group of experienced engineers and designers that love building products with like-minded folks. Some of the things that we believe in:
- Great UI/UX is critical; aesthetics, animations, copy and speed are all part of this
- Code quality is a top priority; style guides, code reviews, best practices
- Collaboration; great communication is the key to any project
- Constantly curious; we're constantly learning/evolving through guild meetings, lunch & learns, conferences and practice
- A healthy work/life balance; getting home in time for dinner is important
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has improved people's lives, been seen by millions of users, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
We are growing fast and looking for individuals that are passionate about the development process and not timid about working directly with clients. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client-facing engineers that can both understand the client's business goals and write elegant code.
What will your day be like?
- You’ll develop complex apps that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users
- You’ll develop using Node.js, React and/or Vue and a variety of other supporting technologies
- You’ll be a part of agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
- You’ll interface with clients. We estimate about 80% hands-on development and 20% client interaction & documentation
- Help us learn more about the crypto development space and attract new crypto projects
- Both learn new things from other Rocketeers as well as improve how we do things
- 3+ years of real world software development experience on teams
- You have multiple years experience with a front end framework like React, Vue.js or AngularJS
- You have multiple years experience with a backend technology like Node.js / Express, Ruby on Rails, Python / Flask / Django, etc.
- You have some experience with Node.js / Express
- You’ve worked with, and have a good understanding of Database technologies, both SQL and NoSQL(PostgreSQL)
- You’ve worked with, and have a good understanding of Version Control, preferably using git
- You’ve worked with Agile software processes before
- You’ve worked with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools
- You’ve worked with major cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Passion for learning about developing in the crypto space and experimenting with new technologies related to it
- You’re a natural problem-solver and willing to take initiative
- You enjoy working with clients, mentoring junior developers and are good distilling technical information for a variety of roles
You might have these qualifications, but they aren't required:
- Experience developing with React
- Experience developing assets and smart contracts for blockchains using Solidity, Reach or TEAL
- Experience with Python
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker, AWS, Terraform