We are looking for a versatile interaction designer that loves making the end user happy and getting lost in details. An intern with a creative mind that wants to kick some interaction design ass for our clients. We promise you won’t feel like you’re stuck on the set of a boring sitcom or a dusty office from the 80s. Why don’t you come to see for yourself?
Please Note: to be eligible for this internship you are required to be living and studying in the Netherlands during your internship period
During this internship, you will hit the ground running as if you’re the Usain Bolt of interaction design. We’ll give you all the attention, feedback, GIFs, and high fives that you need to grow into a professional that stands out. We’ll make sure you can reach your full potential. At the end of your internship, you’ll have a ton of experience in this field and working with A-list clients. Oh, and a portfolio that blows everyone away of course.
As an interaction design intern, you’ll be part of the Design Campus, which is our talent program that molds you into becoming the best of the best. This program ensures that you won’t turn into the designated coffee supplier or have to start an involuntary love affair with the printer. You’ll work closely with our team of designers, developers, strategists, and other great folks who will teach you how to keep a cool head and deliver designs that are on fire. Other than that, the customer is your number one. Besides the endless stream of snacks of course. We work with awesome brands and companies like Eneco, Etos, Gazelle, and the Van Gogh museum.
All jokes aside: we’re an award-winning digital agency that’s on the rise internationally, looking for a nice intern. Young people, bright heads, something with ambition and accelerating companies. We love talent, but we’re also looking for the perfect Dept-fit. We want to click like Lego or match like Tetris. In a completely professional way of course. Because that’s what makes everything more fun: from Monday morning meetings to Friday afternoon mixers and everything in between. We strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Ultimately, we are looking for a unique individual who is able to strengthen our collective.
Sounds good? We thought so. Now go apply!
Please submit the motivation letter in English as well as a portfolio link!
- Defining a structure for a website based on the client and user goals
- Turning that structure into usable wireframes
- Help set up and conduct usability testing and research
- Turn test and research results into insights
- Build clickable prototypes
- Learn more about and apply Service Design Methodology
- Are passionate/crazy/nuts about interaction design;
- Don’t start crying or sweating when you hear terminologies such as user journeys, usability, flows, responsive design, user testing, and wireframes;
- Get excited by Design Systems and Google Analytics;
- Are not afraid to prototype the ‘shit’ out of your digital solutions;
- Ask questions, crack occasional jokes and enjoy small talk;
- Want to work on projects and for awesome clients;
- Are just as driven and enterprising as our other Depsters;
- Are interested in trends, the future, and technology
- Are available from February 2022 for a minimum of 4 days per week, for a duration of 5-6 months;
WE OFFER YOU:
- An open culture;
- A work from home setup facilitated by us;
- The opportunity to develop and grow into a true professional;
- One on one guidance by your mentor and the Dept Design team;
- A decent internship allowance;
- A dazzling Vrijmibo and legendary team outings
WHO ARE WE?
Hello, we are Dept – an international digital agency with the most experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology, and data. We help reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.