We are looking for a smart, well-organized and highly motivated in-house Legal Counsel to support our General Counsel (based in Amsterdam), in connection with corporate matters and housekeeping, legal compliance, contract negotiation and management, M&A and general legal matters.
For this role, we are looking for someone with a fluent level of Dutch and English language. Please note that this is essential.
Dept is a fast-growing international digital agency. Part of that growth comes from acquisitions in Europe and the USA. With that growth, we also look to continuously strengthen our corporate and legal structure, while keeping tight control over corporate and contractual matters and compliance in general.
Key focus of this role:
- Handling of corporate law matters, including corporate governance;
- Regulatory compliance affairs;
- Commercial contract negotiation and management;
- Manage legal aspects of M&A projects.
Based in Amsterdam or Rotterdam, you will work on a wide range of legal matters. You will support the business with drafting, reviewing and negotiating corporate and commercial contracts with various stakeholders. Such contract tasks have a focus on screening and negotiating various (technology) agreements, including master service agreements, software license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, clients’ terms and conditions and supporting corporate and commercial transactions. In addition to this, you will contribute to the company’s compliance in general and specifically data protection laws and financial regulations. You will work in the Legal and M&A Team (7 colleagues) and report to the General Counsel and ultimately to the Chief Operating Officer.
We are Dept. A young company, with a lot of bright minds who work passionately for a wide range of clients every day, such as Bol.com, Netflix, Chocomel, Converse, and many others. We enjoy working with talented experts, but are also looking for the perfect Dept-fit; someone who does not shy away from learning, inspiring and striving for a better world; someone who looks ahead, dares to take the stage, and will cheers with us on Friday afternoon to a successful week.
- Have a Master’s degree, or equivalent qualification, in law, including advanced studies specializing in contract and corporate law;
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience in legal practice. Prior in-house experience in a listed multinational company is considered a plus;
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and legal English;
- Have demonstrable experience with negotiating, drafting and executing a diverse range of commercial agreements including T&Cs, software licensing, SLAs, partner agreements, general procurement agreements etc;
- Know how to manage compliance and its controls proactively in an ever changing environment;
- Are naturally commercially minded, results oriented and an excellent communicator. You will always go the extra mile to get the ultimate deal for Dept;
- Have extensive secretarial and business governance experience to keep the legal housekeeping always up to date and well-organized;
- Thrive on working in a fast moving, international and dynamic environment;
- Have excellent attention to detail and able to process a variety of things at the same time;
- Possess the ability to work towards strict deadlines and manage those proactively;
- Bring energy and drive to the team, with a hands-on and practical approach;
- Have strong interpersonal skills, are self-motivated and proactive in supporting the business where possible.
- An open culture:
- The opportunity to do what you are good at and want to become good at;
- Training and development opportunities;
- A good salary with excellent fringe benefits;
- An NS-Business Card;
- Tasty and healthy food;
- A dazzling Vrijmibo and legendary team outings;
- A fitness boot camp that costs nothing;
- A laptop and a telephone.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept. A digital agency uniting creativity, technology and data together. We help the world’s leading brands build and accelerate their digital products, services and campaigns. Our team of over 2,000 thinkers and makers spans 13 countries across Europe and the Americas. We proudly work for top brands like Samsung, Bose, Formula E, Bugaboo, Indigo Ag, Triumph Motorcycles, Netflix and more. www.deptagency.com.