We are looking for an enthusiastic Principal PHP Developer to join Dept in our Manchester office to help us produce industry leading solutions. You’ll be working collaboratively as part of a close knit, fully integrated team to build and maintain world-class websites.
The role will give you fantastic exposure to a number of different areas – this could be the technical design for complex projects, developing cutting edge integrations or refactoring legacy code into something better. This is a hands on technical role, contributing as a developer within projects. The work is varied and very fast paced and as an integrated agency there will always be someone available to offer support, bounce ideas off or collaborate with.
Dept is one of Manchester's fastest growing digital agencies, working with prestigious companies such as Sony, Ascot and Triumph Motorcycles (to name a few!), and we're always looking for passionate, ambitious and motivated people who want to join us on our journey! Does the idea of working with a wide variety of clients to realise their potential appeal to you? If you want to be a part of exciting projects, meet and work with great people and ultimately make a difference, then you are who we are looking for!
- 7+ Years experience in PHP development with an MVC PHP framework such as Laravel, Symfony, Zend, etc.
- Deep, substantial expertise in a single technology platform (e.g. Contentful)
- Informed and knowledgable about latest developments and trends in the platform
- Helps set and maintain professional standards for the entire organisation for the platform
- Fully capable of designing, owning, and running the technical implementation of a complex project with multiple integrations or challenges
- Have experience using version control software such as Git Mercurial, Bitbucket and SVN;
- Capable of running and directing a small team for a substantial project
- Aware and able to articulate industry trends and new technologies internally, to clients and in marketing material
- Invents new concepts and/or ways of working, pushes the whole organisation forward
- Recognised in the industry for material contributions to the platform ecosystem
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- An excellent salary based on experience;
- Yearly bonus scheme, training budget, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!;
- Office refreshments – Plus 4pm beers on a Friday;
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch our video here.