For our office in Berlin we are looking for a Data Scientist (m/f/div) who will make sure we have happy clients and happy numbers. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering high quality, innovative projects, enjoys being part of a team, and is confident leading large-scale projects.
As a Data Scientist, you will help our clients activate their data by building cloud-based solutions (mostly prediction, classification, clustering) tailored to clients’ specific business problems. You will work side-by-side with our experts in web & app tracking, data engineering and data warehousing to scope, sell and execute the implementation of data-driven solutions. You will also work closely with our business consultants to identify future opportunities with clients in order to pro-actively advise them on how to leverage the power of data to drive business value within their organisations. Additionally, you will simplify and re-structure common use cases for repeated and speedy deployment. Plus, you will help develop our data science service portfolio and share knowledge with Dept data science departments around the world.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds who work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game, but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- At least 3 years of practical experience in manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Masters or PhD degree in statistics, mathematics, physics, neuroscience, computer science or another quantitative field
- Solid understanding of applied statistics and machine learning concepts like GLMs, random forests, neural networks and techniques like boosting, cross-validation and feature elimination
- Good hands-on and clean Python programming skills including how to structure and refactor code
- Ability to explain methodologies, opportunities and limits of ML-based solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Fluency in English (C1 or higher) is mandatory
- Fluency in German (C1 or higher) is a plus
- A respectful, collaborative and open culture
- A good work-life balance (flexible working hours and home office options)
- The opportunity to sharpen your skills at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in Europe
- Fun get-togethers and team events like TGIF Office Parties, Dept Festival, Snowfest and many more
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are the Data & Intelligence Team at Dept – an international digital agency of over a 1,000 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need. The Data & Intellgence team brings Digital Analytics, Data Science and Performance Marketing to high-profile clients. We develop solutions that create innovation for clients ranging from big corporations to rising start-ups. With us, companies adopt a data-driven mindset and decision-making architecture. We deliver state-of-the-art data solutions of high quality and pride ourselves on a team of well-versed consultants and implementation experts.