We are looking for a DevOps / Developer to support, maintain, and enhance existing cloud systems within Dept. This role encompasses both DevOps and back-end developer functions.
You will join our enthusiastic, ambitious and professional development team based in Dublin.
The ideal candidate is a team player having a passion for system monitoring, software engineering and system automation. The candidate works well under pressure, possesses strong communication & technical skills, is adaptable to change, and demonstrates great aptitude to learn new technologies.
You will also work closely with our design, UX and content teams in an environment that is demanding and vibrant.
We are recruiting talented experts who are a great fit with Dept. You’ll be eager to learn and inspire others, a futurist at heart, and someone who wants to celebrate our achievements, big or small.
- Assist in designing, developing, and maintaining the tools to simplify the life-cycle of our cloud service in multiple environments from build to roll out
- Integrate and support monitoring applications to provide insight into application state, health, access/intrusion control, and logging/traceability
- Work with development team to troubleshoot problems in our build and deployment systems
- Contribute to estimation and scheduling of DevOps and Operational scope
- Collaborate with the team to drive operations/deployment considerations along with defining best approaches for application development
- Write and maintain backend code applications
- Integrate applications with various database systems
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a Developer, DevOps or System Admin role
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience working with cloud infrastructure and services, preferably Google Cloud Platform (or similar AWS or Azure experience)
- Experience designing and implementing tasks in CI/CD pipelines and tools (GitLab, Jenkins, Travis)
- Experience with Containers & Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong Bash, Python or Ruby scripting knowledge
- Git repository and release management experience
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and experience working in QA environments
- Proficiency with common development tool sets – IDE, REST Clients, Browser Testing Tools etc…
- Understanding of UNIX system administration
- Have experience in PHP development with an MVC PHP framework such as Laravel, Symfony, Zend, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases
An open culture
Opportunities for advancement
A legendary annual company festival in Amsterdam
The opportunity to do what you do best and become even better
Develop yourself at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in Europe, from our beautiful office in Dublin
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
Dept is built on a diverse mix of personalities. Working together, testing ourselves, getting better every day. Working at Dept is about giving you the space to do what you're good at, and giving you the room to get ever better. Dept loves people that take responsibility, not orders. We nurture raw talent, support each other and coach you to be the best you can be.
But enough about us. Get in touch, send some samples of your best work and tell us about yourself!
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.