The Development Team Lead is a fundamental member of the Digital Operations Team who is responsible for the technical deliveries and mentoring a team of Junior Developers.
Working closely with the Service Delivery Manager you will ensure the satisfaction of clients and that we are delivering our contractual obligations. This position is still very much a hands-on technical role and, in addition to the mentioned responsibilities, you will still be involved in the development of technical solutions.
You will ensure our processes are fit for purpose and followed at all times. You will become a trusted and pro-active technical authority to our clients and act as a quality gateway within the DOS team, ensuring the technical deliverables maintain the highest standard.
You will be confident and knowledgeable in a wide range of current technologies and processes, and we would expect you to develop collaborative working relationships with clients to produce solutions in a way that satisfies their expectations.
- Be responsible for the technical deliveries of the team;
- Mentor a team of Junior Developers and induct new team members;
- Implement robust technical processes and procedures;
- Complete code reviews to improve the quality of deliverables;
- Oversee effective Release Management with required documentation;
- Identifying training needs and creating training plans;
- Technical authority on solutions implemented by the team;
- Triage and estimate incoming work requests;
- Be the escalation point for all technical questions within the team;
- Support in the line management of all developers in the team from a technical perspective to support progression.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience (whether formal or informal) of leading and mentoring a development team;
- Ambition with a positive "can do" attitude;
- Expert, hands-on knowledge of Microsoft NET(C#) or Java;
- Experience with CMS platforms such as Sitecore, EpiServer, Umbraco, SDL Tridion, Adobe Experience Manager etc.;
- Experience of DevOps pipelines and automation tools such as Teamcity and Octopus Deploy.
- Work with new technologies for big name, global companies;
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer;
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Regular Social Events;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!;
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, over a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch the video here.