For our Manchester office we are looking for a Development Manager to be responsible for the technical ownership of all projects on multiple client accounts both big and small across a number of technologies.
The Development Manager will be motivated to design and deliver innovative solutions that integrate and utilise our core products to provide real business value to our clients. The role includes technical architecture, solution design, and client facing and expectation management aspects.
You will have multiple responsibilities including providing leadership to team members and ensuring that Senior Developers and their team deliver projects in line with best practice. You will be involved with estimates of work, creation and reviewing of technical specifications and creating proof of concepts.
Line management of developers is also an important part of the role as you will be responsible for identifying individual training needs and technical guidance for developers. The role also requires you to act as a trusted adviser to our clients including attending and hosting client meetings and workshops.
You will be confident and knowledgeable in a wide range of current technologies and processes, and we would expect you to develop collaborative working relationships with clients to produce solutions in a way that satisfies their expectations. You will stay up to date with the latest technologies and processes and be able to support many aspects of the business, delegating tasks where needed with help from the Production Manager through to Client Services, Project Management, Strategy and DOS. The Technical Manager will act as an escalation point on any technical / development issues or incidents.
- You've reached a point in your career where you want to utilise your managerial skills while still staying close to technologies we use;
- Strong knowledge and experience web development project lifecycles;
- Proven leadership skills for a team of technical developers;
- Release management experience;
- Experience providing accurate estimates of work;
- Demonstrated consulting skills including client relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including hosting meetings, presentations and documentation;
- Good business analysis/redesign skills with architecture and implementation experience;
- Good experience of Content Management Systems.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- An excellent salary based on experience;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- Flexible working – choose your hours around our 4 core hours, and work from home once per week;
- 25 days paid holiday including a holiday sales and purchase scheme;
- Free refreshments – refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as beer fridge at 4pm on a Friday;
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Annual social budget;
- Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept pick up the tab;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Weekender in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within Dept, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, over a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch the video here.