We’re hiring a Developer for our Boston office to help provide expertise and services to our clients and support our internal delivery teams globally. Our consultants deliver proof-of-concept projects, lead workshops, understand client problems and direct implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, back-office integration, security, and commerce.
You will be working with an enthusiastic and technology focused team of experts in a variety of technologies. We are always looking to bring new ideas and talent to the group to better build out the expertise and services we provide to our clients.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Technical Expertise: you have been part of a team working on the full life cycle of an enterprise project.
- Cross-functional Communication: you have interfaced between multiple roles and within a project team and able to relate and relay technical options in each scenario.
- Motivation: Self-motivated to learn and drive your own tasks forward. Happy to take ownership and responsibility and empower the team around you.
- Agility: you understand the distinction between true agility and just blindly following agile processes; you value the latter but value the former even more.
- Passion and Initiative: you know what it takes to build and grow distributed software systems. You hit the ground running.
- Pursue Quality: Comfortable ensuring coding standards are upheld in yours and your teams work.
- Collaboration: Experience working with a team of dedicated individuals in Front End, UX & Design, QA etc. to deliver a quality customer solution
- Solid expertise in either C# .NET and/or Java (Java 8 a plus)
- Ability to leverage different languages and technology
- Demonstrated experience of web application development.
- Dependency Injection best practices, SOLID principles, and design patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
The below list of skills would be beneficial but not crucial for a successful candidate
- Experience in the Web Content Management System space
- Experience working and designing solutions with Dev Ops and Continuous Delivery principles in mind
- Experience with eCommerce platforms and flows
- Experience with international and multi lingual websites and principles
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further
- Great fringe benefits, Dell laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff
- Pizza Friday - once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work
- Site launch lunches - a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept pick up the tab
- Quarterly social budget
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands - a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
- Yearly bonus scheme, 401k Scheme and fully paid healthcare for your and family
- An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, more than a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious how our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.