For our office in Cologne we are looking for a Lead Big Data Architect/Engineer (m/f/div) who thinks in patterns, colours and visuals.
As a Lead Big Data Architect/Engineer (m/f/div) you mentor and develop the software team. Furthermore you provide the bigger picture when it comes to our big data architecture. You are involved in product concepts, planning and development to share your ideas and experience and to lead the team to the best results. As well you make sure that we always consider new technology that might help us in getting even better.
Yes, we are eager to recruit the most talented experts in the game. But we are also looking for a perfect Dept fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires others, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us. Moreover, Dept is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on big data engineering
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing and operations
- An appreciative and collaborative corporate culture with "Can Do" attitudes
- Advancement training and specialization opportunities in the international Dept environment
- A good work-life balance (flexible working hours and home office options)
- Get-togethers and events such as Team Lunch, after work socials, Dept Festival in Amsterdam, Christmas party or winter sports camp
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept - an international digital agency of over 900 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need. www.deptagency.com
factor-a is the leading company in the most attractive area of e-commerce: Amazon. As part of Dept, we support globally active manufacturers and brands (vendors) in the operational marketplace management on Amazon. The goal is the sustainable increase in sales and market share as well as the creation of transparency for the optimal control of all success-critical measures. factor-a is a pioneer in Amazon vendor management with the combination of technology and agency performance and has over 100 international top brands among its customers.