Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
Our DNA defines the essence of our company as an employer– how we are unique and what matters to us.
- Show up for the Community: We go above and beyond. When they succeed, we succeed.
- Have Each Other’s Back: We empower each other with kindness and respect our differences.
- Act with Purpose: We take conscious risks, deliver efficiently and learn from our mistakes.
- Think Thrift: We’re resourceful, seek out opportunities and we hustle.
As the Depop community continues to grow on a global-scale, the systems and cloud infrastructure behind our product must be intelligently designed and built to withstand peaks and troughs in demand.
As a Staff Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be a driving force on this mission, mentoring less experienced colleagues, whilst ensuring best-in-class design and implementation of the next phase of our infrastructure. You'll be empowered to make architectural decisions and drive change if there's a more intelligent solution; we iterate and move quickly.
Through use of cutting edge tooling, you'll be building the next generation of our platform, that empowers other engineers towards a distributed ownership of backend services, whilst championing Infrastructure-as-Code. Sound like your thing?
- Empower developers to take ownership of the operation, performance and availability of our services
- Play a key role in the rollout and maturation of our chosen service mesh implementation to bring more observability, security and reliability to our container networking space
- Enhance our CI/CD tooling, including Jenkins, shared libraries and Helm charts
- Provide expertise around optimal deployment strategies, distributed system observability and performance tuning of containerised workloads
- Design, write and deliver software that improves the lives of our engineers and the scalability of our platform
- Build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for a variety of applications and workloads
- Get involved in the design and implementation of new developer-facing services and tooling
- Take part in our on-call rota
- Improve, Measure, Automate, Repeat
- Our team is focused on Kubernetes and helping our users successfully deploy and run their services on our clusters
- You have a background in infrastructure and/or platform engineering within a primarily cloud-based environment
- You're familiar with managing infrastructure through code and configuration (we primarily use Terraform)
- Experience steering multiple large platform projects that intersect with multiple application teams across the business
- Experience with Kubernetes and other major CNCF projects like CoreDNS, Fluentd, Helm
- Advanced experience with CI/CD pipelines like Jenkins
- Shell scripting and related tooling (awk, sed, grep etc)
- Mid to advanced levels of networking theory and debugging (analysing TCP dumps, )
- Experience in Python or Golang
- Knowledge of modern Linux systems internals (kernel, filesystems, network stack, systemd)
- A go to subject matter expert in continuous integration/deployment tools and practices
- Distributed systems design and operation
- Experience with Docker
- Security-oriented mindset
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account