Depop is the community-powered marketplace app where people exploring style and the latest trends come to shop and sell circular fashion. With over 26m users in more than 150 countries, Depop is the place for anyone looking to celebrate style on their terms and keeping millions of items of clothing in rotation.
Founded in 2011, Depop has its headquarters in London and offices in Manchester, New York and Sydney with 400 employees dedicated to helping build a new fashion system that’s kinder to people and kinder to the planet.
In 2021, Depop joined Etsy, Inc. as a wholly-owned subsidiary and continues to operate as a standalone marketplace for fashion items, community and creativity.
Our brand operates on three values:
- Circularity - We’re taking the circular economy mainstream. Changing people’s relationship with clothes and making it easy to choose options that are kinder to the planet.
- Self expression - We’re a space for self expression that encourages millions to explore, connect and find their identities through style.
- Opportunity - We’re building a home of fashion where everyone feels welcome and anyone can succeed on their own terms.
We’re looking for a Marketing Specialist to support the planning and execution of local campaigns in the US to expand Depop’s presence and continue to drive differentiation in the market.
This role reports to the Head of US Marketing and will be instrumental in planning, researching, campaign execution, and tracking the performance of these activities.
Note - this is a temporary position from the date of hire through the end of the year (contract end = Dec 31, 2022).
This is a hybrid position located in NYC.
- Own ongoing reporting and competitive analysis including updating and sharing key reports and insights across the business to inform long-term planning
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify audience trends, competitor offerings, and demographic data to inform key campaigns and cultural moments
- Support Depop’s US event and experiential marketing strategy including production, planning, and execution
- Support national campaign planning including creative development, media planning, legal contracts, measurement, and overall project management
- Lead cross-functional meetings and project management for Depop’s core campaigns
- You have about 2-3 years of professional experience where you’ve developed your communication and critical thinking skills
- You often are the one who always raises your hand with a question, you dig deep and love to understand the why behind things
- You love fashion, trends, social media, and digging into what consumers want
- You’re data-driven with a clear understanding of analytics, metrics, and statistics, and consider yourself an Excel or Google-sheets Wiz
- You have experience across marketing channels - you know which channels pull which levers while you may not be an expert in all of them, you understand how they work together and how to come up with an integrated campaign
- Time management, prioritization, and execution is your superpower, and timelines and process bring you joy
- Entrepreneurial, independent, and a self-directed person with a hunger to grow
- Bonus points for being a Depop user
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account