Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
Our brand operates on three values:
- Circularity - We’re taking the circular economy mainstream. Changing people’s relationship with clothes and making it easy to choose options that are kinder to the planet.
- Self expression - We’re a space for self expression that encourages millions to explore, connect and find their identities through style.
- Opportunity - We’re building a home of fashion where everyone feels welcome and anyone can succeed on their own terms.
Depop is seeking a IT Support Engineer to join our Internal IT team and help build and maintain the tools and infrastructure that directly impact the productivity of our enterprise organisation.The tools we are responsible for are used every day by Depop employees.
We’re looking for people who excel at working with others, challenge the status-quo, and are extraordinary problem-solvers. We value clear communication, honest feedback, and empathy for the users of our services. We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. We believe in measuring everything, delivering value early and often, and keeping up a blameless culture based on trust and a commitment to learning.
A passion for technology and providing outstanding customer service is essential. In return, you will be given the opportunity and freedom to expand your technical skills at a pace.
- 2nd/3rd line helpdesk Support
- To provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite, via Slack or via Jira
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Identify areas of improvement for the team (yourself included) to work on
- Maintenance of mainly Mac hardware
- AV equipment setup and maintenance
- To maintain full documentation within Confluence
- Hands-on experience Mac & Windows
- Hands-on experience with Google Workspace
- Troubleshooting skills (systematic troubleshooting)
- Understanding of cloud software such as AWS
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of computer terminology
- Networking terminology/hardware
- Ability to manage own time but also work collaboratively when needed
Desirable skills & traits
- Personal interest in computing (building PCs/reading forums/home networking)
- Willingness to learn
- Knowledge of security / endpoint protection / 2FA / Password Manager etc
- Attention to detail
- Certifications which may be IT/Helpdesk related
- Strong communication skills
Tech stack we use:
- Google Workspace
- Jamf Pro
- Atlassian - Jira/Confluence
- Scripting - Python/Bash
- Network stack - Juniper, HP, Cisco
- HRIS - Hibob / Workday
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account