Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
We operate on three values:
- Circularity - We’re taking the circular economy mainstream. Changing people’s relationship with clothes and making it easy to choose options that are kinder to the planet.
- Self expression - We’re a space for self expression that encourages millions to explore, connect and find their identities through style.
- Opportunity - We’re building a home of fashion where everyone feels welcome and anyone can succeed on their own terms.
We are looking for a Lead Technical Programme Manager to work across a range of high priority, technically complex workstreams in an environment of rapid, iterative experimentation.
As part of a supportive and passionate centralised team of Technical Programme Managers, you will be leading cross-functional initiatives, working closely with our brilliant teams in Production, Technology and Data, ensuring they are set up for success and can deliver value efficiently. This is a key role to Depop with an exciting potential for challenge, scope and reach as you will be responsible for driving strategic programmes of work, working alongside teams and leadership from every part of the business.
Project & Programme Management:
- Drive accountability and clarity of priorities across your workstreams to ensure the timely realisation of value by enabling strategic, data-driven, decision-making and alignment
- Ensure your workstreams are set-up for success with the most appropriate reporting cadences, touchpoints, tools and approaches by collaborating with key executives, stakeholders and interested parties
- Collaborate seamlessly and proactively across the company to identify and track complex project timelines and dependencies, mitigate risks and issues, build clear lines of communication across teams, and ensure transparency about status
Strategy & Operations:
- Drive and coordinate your workstreams monthly, quarterly and annual planning and objective setting processes within the guidelines and timelines set by Production, Technology and Data leadership
- Successfully engage with teams, managers, directors and third parties, and/or other partners to deliver on company objectives
- Craft and share high quality communications (emails, documents, presentations) that succinctly deliver key messages to broad audiences including senior executives, ensuring engagement with all parties involved
- Help leadership align priorities across the organisation to create more significant impact and ensure clarity of focus for teams in your workstreams
Advancement of Depop’s agile/lean practises and community:
- Coach and mentor teams to help them establish and improve iterative ways of working
- Enthusiastically contribute to our Community of Practice where we share insights, tools, approaches, and learnings
- Actively promote and enable efficient processes and practices across the company with an emphasis on continuous improvement and reflection
- Apply coaching skills, active listening and high EQ to facilitate knowledge sharing and foster a value-driven, growth and experimental mindset
- You’re a senior leader that has experience building, motivating and leading teams, you ensure alignment and resolve conflicts across the programme and related workstreams, fostering collective ownership and buy in
- You have excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills, and use them to ensure visibility and collaboration across technical and functional boundaries and influence the most senior levels of the organisation
- You have exceptional organisational and communication skills, and can tailor your message to suit your audience’s needs (who may or may not be technical), using empathy and active listening to read situations quickly
- You have strong command skills and are adept at driving accountability, you’re not afraid to take challenging stances with executive level stakeholders
- User and business value driven, you have a proven track record in leading complex technical workstreams, with hands on experience scoping, kicking off and delivering programmes across multiple agile teams, articulating what success looks like, why it looks like that and how to measure it
- You are adept at working in ambiguity and can identify, surface and resolve risks and uncertainty
- You’re proactive and able to use your understanding of agile/lean tools and techniques to problem-solve and optimise cross-functional systems and processes
- Approachable with advanced skills in facilitation, coaching and mediation, you’ll have a natural talent for working with others and creating the space for strategic decision-making
- You’re an innovative thinker, with an instinct for spotting opportunities for synergies and integrations
- You have a growth mindset and actively seek and give feedback as well as ways to share learnings with your peers
- Experience working in a fast paced, scale up environment or as a consultant
- Good technical and product literacy, you’re able to keep up with technical discussions in support of the overall project outcomes
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees' wellbeing. We offer healthcare, an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), a cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga sessions, a discounted gym membership and eye-care vouchers.
- Mental Health: Our employees' mental health is a top priority. We offer Headspace access and subsidised coaching and counselling appointments. We also have trained mental health first aiders available.
- Work/Life Balance: We offer a hybrid working model to provide a healthy work/life balance for our employees. We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
- Family Life: We offer flexible working, generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies, which include adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. We also offer life insurance, a pension scheme and parent and carer support.
- Office Life: We provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee in our offices. All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials, such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.