Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
We operate on three values:
- Circularity - We’re taking the circular economy mainstream. Changing people’s relationship with clothes and making it easy to choose options that are kinder to the planet.
- Self expression - We’re a space for self expression that encourages millions to explore, connect and find their identities through style.
- Opportunity - We’re building a home of fashion where everyone feels welcome and anyone can succeed on their own terms.
You’ll sit within the Talent Acquisition team as the Ops manager, to help define and drive best practice, operationally efficient, effective and standardised recruitment activities. You will work closely with the Head of Talent to deliver impactful projects that continuously improve what we offer to our internal and external community.
As we look beyond 500 employees, we need you to build structured solutions for the team to provide a service that works at scale and our candidates and hiring managers really love. You’ll create the infrastructure, policies and processes needed to encourage self-service from our Managers and their team and create a positive experience across the candidate lifecycle.
You’ll have the potential to develop your career with us as we grow, which could see you move into a Talent Ops Lead role in the future, managing team members or explore other opportunities within Talent and/or People Ops.
- Act as global process owner for the Talent Acquisition journey, ensuring operational effectiveness, and quality outputs including selection decision making and candidate experience achieved in a globally consistent way
- Manage our suite of templates, policies, handbooks and contracts, ensuring they’re compliant and fit our brand and tone of voice
- Design scalable internal and user-facing infrastructure, creating content that enables your team, managers and employees to resolve questions and issues independently
- Be the expert user of our ATS: Greenhouse, to ensure data is accurate and up to date, and support the integration of BI tools.
- Establish dashboards and use data to drive evidence-based decisions, build reports, and communicate insights on key metrics such as time to hire, funnel percentages, cost per hire and time in process.
- Support the development and adoption of recruiting tools such as recruiting technology, process, selection tools and training interventions
- Select, appoint, and manage third party vendors; manage supplier relationships; and ensure vendor performance metrics are appropriate and monitored
- Provide ultimate assurance of compliance with legal regulations, including data privacy and equality to protect Depop’s reputation and financial exposure in the region
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and automation within the team’s operations to provide an improved experience for the end-user and minimise manual workload
- Collaborate across the wider People team and support the Head of Talent with project delivery across a broad range of HR topics, specifically Employer Brand
- Uphold Depop’s commitments to wellbeing, DEI and sustainability in the way you and your team approach your work, supporting our mission to become the world’s most diverse, progressive home of fashion.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have the following:
- Proven experience within a talent function with a strong understanding of talent acquisition processes.
- Are process oriented with a good understanding of recruitment technology and ATS systems
- Successfully driven projects to completion, keeping others involved on-track where needed
- Love creation of data dashboards and visualisations, including handbook creation and rollout
- Previously built great relationships with your internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for presenting information in an engaging way and a tone of voice that feels authentically Depop
- Evolved and launched new policies or processes
- Experience with data reporting and analysis to present to others
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees' wellbeing. We offer healthcare, an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), a cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga sessions, a discounted gym membership and eye-care vouchers.
- Mental Health: Our employees' mental health is a top priority. We offer Headspace access and subsidised coaching and counselling appointments. We also have trained mental health first aiders available.
- Work/Life Balance: We offer a hybrid working model to provide a healthy work/life balance for our employees. We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
- Family Life: We offer flexible working, generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies, which include adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. We also offer life insurance, a pension scheme and parent and carer support.
- Office Life: We provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee in our offices. All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials, such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.