Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
We operate on three values:
- Circularity - We’re taking the circular economy mainstream. Changing people’s relationship with clothes and making it easy to choose options that are kinder to the planet.
- Self expression - We’re a space for self expression that encourages millions to explore, connect and find their identities through style.
- Opportunity - We’re building a home of fashion where everyone feels welcome and anyone can succeed on their own terms.
We are looking for a Technical Programme Manager with a strong background in
Lean/Agile software development to lead exciting technology changes in an environment of rapid, iterative implementation!
Within this role you’ll be working across a number of Business and Technology teams in partnership with the Business Sponsor and Data Director to drive a strategic programme of work. You will be working as the programme manager across a range of high priority projects that are technically complex and cross functional in nature and delivering high impact and returns for the business.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Project & Programme Management: Lead efforts to identify and manage intricate dependencies, mitigate risks and issues, and build clear lines of communication across teams. Successfully engage with engineers, managers, directors, internal teams, internal stakeholders, external representatives, and/or other partners to deliver on project objectives. Ensure the organization has a consistent and clear voice around goals, priorities, progress, and accomplishments.
- Be accountable for the overall delivery across all of the Martech workstreams ensuring the achievement of the programme milestones vision and the realisation of business benefits are prioritised and timely
- Overall ownership of the delivery roadmap, identifying and managing dependencies within and across the programme workstreams and also across the wider business
- Strategic Planning and Operations: Organise and coordinate the team’s planning and goal setting processes on an annual and quarterly basis enabling the organisation to meet the company wide guidelines and goals. Help leadership align priorities across the organisation to create more significant impact
- Proactively manage the process to identify, surface, communicate and manage risks and issues from the engineering and cross functional teams in the programme
- Process Improvement: Actively promote and enable consistent engineering processes and Agile practices, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and self reflection. Focus on consistency across and between teams that promotes alignment and collaboration throughout the organisation.
- Advancement of TPM and Delivery Management Practices: Enthusiastically add to and promote our Community of Practice where we share insights, tools, templates, and lessons learned.
- Be accountable for setting up the programme structure to connect with the Depop ways of working and for reporting and ongoing management, collaborating with key executives, stakeholders and interested parties.
- Ensure your team is set-up for success with the most appropriate methods and interactions
- Proven track record and experience in leading a business and technology programme encompassing multiple teams and workstreams
- A proven track record in technical project and programme management with at least 5 years experience of hands on experience as part of a Scrum or Kanban software development teams
- Experience in working in a fast paced, start up environment, displaying the ability to apply good practice with the needs of an agile organisation
- Good examples of senior stakeholder management scenarios, and examples of leading the programme communications and collaboration across organisational, technical and political boundaries. You can advocate and communicate what a team does to create trust and authenticity. You know how to react and successfully respond to challenges.
- Good examples of managing business development requirements with technical and digital product requirements
- Strong risk management understanding; with emphasis on the identification and management of dependency risks that should be considered/mitigated across the whole delivery
- Good examples of building, motivating and leading teams. You build alignment and resolve conflicts across the programme and related workstreams and motivate team to foster collective ownership and buy in
- Advanced skills in facilitation, coaching and mediation. You’ll have a natural talent for working with others and acting as a servant-leader
- Adept at driving accountability and take responsibility for your programme of work
Nice to have:
- Experience of delivering a growth programme encompassing business, technology and digital product teams using Marketing technologies and systems
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees' wellbeing. We offer healthcare, an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), a cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga sessions, a discounted gym membership and eye-care vouchers.
- Mental Health: Our employees' mental health is a top priority. We offer Headspace access and subsidised coaching and counselling appointments. We also have trained mental health first aiders available.
- Work/Life Balance: We offer a hybrid working model to provide a healthy work/life balance for our employees. We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
- Family Life: We offer flexible working, generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies, which include adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. We also offer life insurance, a pension scheme and parent and carer support.
- Office Life: We provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee in our offices. All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials, such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.