- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Working within the Community Experience team, we are looking for a Data Analyst to support Depop's growth while visualising insight of the user journey. The role will be analysing the user journey across all contact channels, markets and languages to truly understand the users experience and how insights can drive business change. Data analysis will also challenge our forecasting and staffing assumptions to manage the overall Community Experience operation over multiple sites.
- Building Visualisations, reports, dashboards and Apps to share quantitative User Insights with the relevant stakeholders across the business relating to the user experience
- Analyse complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers.
- Developing reporting requirements and building appropriate automated reports & relevant, engaging and reliable dashboards
- Working with product managers and data engineers to identify business data sources and build technical requirements to support CX data management
- Deploying a range of analytical techniques to answer ad-hoc business questions
- Developing metrics to analyse CX performance and identify areas of opportunity
- Focused on continuous improvement and establishing this capability to drive improvement initiatives in customer experience and operational efficiency
- Develop and maintain forecasting models, accounting for trends and seasonality in contact ratios/drivers highlighting issues and working towards SLAs
- Analyse large historical datasets to ensure that our Operations teams are delivering against plans, with the ability to find actionable insights to drive improvements across our organisation.
- Analyse structured and unstructured data from customer transactions and business operations, then present insights and well-argued recommendations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven experience analysing, interpreting, and summarising complex data
- Expertise querying massive datasets using a variety of SQL dialects, with demonstrable understanding of query optimisation and relational modelling
- Extensive experience and practice in the creation and implementation of data visualisation solutions, with solid awareness of data visualisation principles
- Good knowledge of databases and data structure and experience of implementing new models
- Proven experience in CX environments (ideally), building contact patterns and forecast models to manage resource levels.
- Knowledge and experience of Looker (or similar visualisation tool Power BI etc)
- Proven experience of producing accurate intraday / interval workload forecasting models using statistical techniques
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to change.
- Highly numerate, with significant experience of using Excel or Google Sheets for data collation and analysis
- Proven track record of creating strong relationships with customer care operations and support teams, finance managers and business intelligence analysts
- Communication skills that clearly present ideas, theories, and technical information to operations and managerial staff
- Understanding of how to test, measure and validate your outputs. Able to translate findings to non-technical audience.
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.