- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Right now, we are looking for an experienced, inspirational Creative Lead to drive the creative output for our digital marketing and CRM at Depop. This role will report to the Creative Director and partner closely with the Head of Growth Marketing to create effective, engaging work through paid digital channels and Depop’s CRM capabilities - leveraging Depop’s brand identity and unique positioning as the fashion marketplace for a young, diverse, progressive Community.
- Develop, define, and be ultimately accountable to the creative approach across Depop’s digital campaigns and CRM channels - messaging, design, art direction, video motion graphics
- Collaborate with the Growth Marketing, Performance Marketing and CRM leads to create and drive content strategy across those channels and media
- Hands on highly skilled motion designer able to create outstanding creative designs and assets for campaigns
- Manage and mentor a team of designers and art-directors (full-time and freelance) to deliver world-class, effective creative
- Prioritise work and resources for digital and CRM creative, partnering with the team Producer(s) to establish production approaches, processes, and schedules
- Lead strong relationships with external creative agencies and partners where necessary
- Alongside Creative Director and Head of Brand, continually manage the Depop brand identity: ensuring this is central and consistent across all creative projects and platforms
- Analyse campaign performance, market trends, consumer needs and the competitive landscape to inform the work of your team
- Act as a creative thought leader for your team and for the rest of Depop - working closely with, and supporting the Creative Director.
- Extensive experience of work across digital channels and experience of CRM campaigns (a minimum of 8+ years related experience) in global tech set ups
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business and digital performance channels
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team to deliver a broad range of creative projects from brand work to direct response & performance work
- Advanced technical skill set; including advanced motion graphic design, typography, and animation. Art direction, moving image and use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent typography skills, creative mind and expert art direction skills will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible for in-app & outgoing comms across the business, with an outstanding digital portfolio demonstrating your design and art direction abilities.
- Understanding of digital assets production at scale, post production workflow & the technical requirements of digital marketing assets (Incl. video formats, email templates, quality etc.)
- Understanding of social media, new digital formats and trends
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changeable environment
- Experience developing targeted creative across multiple markets (US and non-English market experience is a big plus)
- Ability to structure/deliver outstanding creative presentations (internally or externally)
- Calm under pressure, resourceful and a creative problem solver, used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset, and collaborative nature is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for fashion and youth culture
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.