- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
We have built a strong team of community development managers and coordinators who drive the growth of our Top Sellers. They support up and coming sellers to develop the skills they need to succeed as an entrepreneur on Depop and continue to support the on-going growth of their businesses once they have made it to Top Seller status.
We are looking for a Head of Community Development to lead this team. The Community Development team is at the heart of Depop’s efforts to support our growing seller community and retain Top Sellers, the defensive moat of Depop.
You will drive the long term vision and strategy for how we enable our sellers to become entrepreneurs. Identifying and solving their painpaints through new and scalable initiatives. You will work cross-functionally with the business with support from production, insights, marketing and seller functions.
This role can be based in either London or New York.
Create and own the long term vision and strategy for our most valued and entrepreneurial sellers: We need to develop our overarching strategy for how we want to support the growth of sellers on Depop. We need to understand and define the vision for these sellers and their businesses
Drive retention and growth among our most valuable customers: Retention and growth of our Top Sellers is a critical part of the Depop mission. You will oversee account management and development of programs to retain these users. You will also be responsible for new initiatives to drive loyalty from these users on Depop even after becoming a huge success.
Develop and own all community engagement tactics and programmes: Including account management, customer success, seller representation in high profile marketing campaigns and within the app, education programs, Top Seller services, incentive programs
Become the expert of our sellers: Leverage your deep understanding of our community of sellers to provide guidance across the business, inputting into the product roadmap, marketing calendar and overall business strategy. Partner with Global Seller Team to advise on broader seller education, inventory and sourcing insights.
Drive practices and tactics that can be scaled with the rapid growth of Depop’s selling community including recommendations on tooling (e.g. community forum, CRM) and processes (e.g. with community support, Brand Marketing)
Work with our sellers to build inventory across target categories: working closely with our inventory manager and inventory analyst to drive category management within our Top Sellers
Lead, develop and coach a team. Recruit, manage, train & develop a growing team of community managers, executives and coordinators. Champions DEI & fulfills our ambitions in terms of inclusive culture, diverse teams and hiring and equity promoting initiatives
- Significant experience in community facing and scalable operations
- Experience in fostering a culture of strong community engagement
- Experience in driving tactics and programs to deliver growth for supply side of a marketplace
- Experience deeply understanding customers needs to deliver actionable insights in partnership with cross-functional teams across the business
- Data driven thinking and self-sufficient for every day reporting and basic analysis
- Strong communicator, including storytelling through qualitative and quantitative data
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Previous management experience of people with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Previous experience working in cross-functional teams, including partnerships, Insights, Marketing and Production
- Previous experience in fashion and marketplaces is a strong plus
- Insight into Millennial and Gen Z behaviors and attitudes is a plus
- Previous experience in a scale up or a business in hypergrowth
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.