- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
We’re growing rapidly as a business; to ensure we can continue to grow at pace and bring great talent to Depop, we’re looking for an ambitious and experienced recruiter, who thrives in a fast-moving environment. You’ll have great communication and stakeholder management experience, meticulous attention to detail, innovative ideas in D&I and have the confidence and ability to deliver robust solutions to scaling challenges.
In this role you'll report to the Senior Talent Partner, and be responsible for non-tech hiring across the business, with a focus on our growth and marketing teams. You'll be a true business partner to our line managers and provide robust solutions to scaling challenges and bring passionate and capable people into the business.
- 360 recruitment role, hiring across all levels. You'll own the hiring across our Growth Marketing department, acting as the key business partner for Depop stakeholders
- Managing end to end hiring processes from spec writing through to offer, ensuring efficiency and quality communication at all stages
- Scouring the market for the best available talent using both traditional and non-conventional tools (you know that LinkedIn is powerful, but have an insatiable appetite to find new and creative talent attraction channels)
- Be in constant contact with potential talent, developing your network and representing the Depop brand and experience through exceptional communication, and great storytelling
- Supporting the Senior Talent Partner to build Talent processes that ensure consistency, fairness, great candidate experience and a world-class employer brand.
- Working closely with the People team to ensure smooth on-boarding and to bring your insights to the People agenda
- Effective stakeholder management; you’ll be dealing with line managers, department leads, the wider People team, and a select vendor PSL
- An understanding and passion for diversity and inclusion, and knowing how to bring that into the recruitment process, and bring stakeholders along the journey.
- Proven track-record in high-volume digital growth and marketing recruitment, either agency or in-house using an array of hiring sources and techniques. We hire direct for 98% of open roles, so you'll be comfortable in recruiting across a variety of verticals.
- Great influencing skills.
- A genuine, caring nature. The ability to build relationships but challenge thinking to improve results.
- Excellent communication skills and meticulous about the details.
- Comfortable juggling competing priorities (with 5 to 15 open roles at any one time) plus extra projects.
- You care about results, but know how to prioritise your work, understanding that quality comes first.
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.