- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
The Depop Innovation team is responsible for the identification and early development of emerging technologies for new product and service propositions across Depop business. Our mindset that anything is possible. We build and develop relationships both internally across Depop and externally with suppliers and strategic partners who share our goal of continuous innovation and breakthrough thinking.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Programme Manager to support the Innovation team with planning across the multiple Programmes and projects we are running. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing the delivery of multiple complex technical projects across the full lifecycle from conception to completion. They will be comfortable working across multiple work streams and Programmes, supporting a multidisciplinary agile team and engaging with multiple stakeholders both within and outside Depop. The ideal candidate thrives in an environment of uncertainty and experimentation, and is excited about helping us create the future of fashion.
- Work with Innovation team leadership to manage the overall Programme of delivery, to incorporate Programme, project planning and the subsequent delivery management and execution for all Innovation Programmes and projects.
- Support the Innovation team leadership on managing relationships and the ongoing collaboration with all internal and external commercial and technical teams to ensure effective delivery of Innovation Programmes and projects.
- Ensure dependencies between internal and external teams involved in Innovation Programmes are identified, managed and clearly communicated. Where necessary can challenge the teams on delivery speed and quality of the work.
- Identify and actively manage risks and issues on all Innovation Programmes.
- Communicate delivery status and risks across all Innovation Programme activities to key senior stakeholders within Depop.
- Collect and evaluate feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams working on Innovation Programmes to shape prioritisation, features and future activities.
- Be accountable for setting up the Programme structure for reporting and ongoing management, collaborating with key executives, stakeholders and interested parties.
- Assist on building a comprehensive document archive for the team.
- Lead all delivery ceremonies for the Innovation team.
- Support Innovation team leadership in building frameworks and patterns for running future Innovation Programmes.
- Ensure the Innovation team is set-up for success with the most appropriate methods and interactions for managing Innovation Programmes.
- Proven track record and relevant experience managing technical Programmes and projects of complex service propositions with both backend and frontend elements.
- Proven track record of leading and managing delivery across internal teams, remote teams, supplier teams and external teams and business work streams.
- Proven track record of leading the system and vendor assessment processes and subsequent management of suppliers to support the delivery of Programmes and projects.
- Significant experience of a range of delivery approaches and can pragmatically and effectively apply them to develop an appropriate delivery framework suitable for Innovation Programmes.
- Experience of a range of Agile and Lean tools and techniques. Experience of working with JIRA would be a particular plus point.
- Ability to iterate working practices to achieve effective delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context and able to establish trust and authenticity.
- Able to react and successfully respond to challenges and iterate working practices if required to achieve effective delivery.
- Able to solve and unblock issues between teams and departments at the highest level.
- Able to optimise the delivery flow of teams and Programmes by actively addressing the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team or no clear ownership exists.
- Able to lead planning and estimation processes to suit the complex environment including identification of cross-team dependencies in plans and coordinate delivery.
- Able to facilitate and where necessary mediate between teams. Good mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Capable of working well with others with different skill sets acting as a servant-leader.
- Curiosity and aptitude for learning and innovation.
- Results-oriented, positive, can-do attitude in the face of an ambitious and frequently ambiguous operating environment.
- Ability to think big and balance long-term direction with short-term needs.
Nice to Have:
- Experience of delivering Programmes encompassing business, technology and digital product teams
- Experience of working with data to extract insights if required.
- Able to understand, simplify and document complex business flows and present them to the team.
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.