- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Senior Technical SEO Specialist
We are looking for a Senior Technical SEO Specialist to accelerate our growth at Depop. We are an App first business that is rapidly growing into Web, and looking to build out our new SEO function with a technical specialist to help drive Depop's global SEO forward.
In this role, you will partner up with our Product, Engineering, Design, Insights and Content teams, to be able to drive best-in class SEO techniques to help us improve our foundations and meaningfully grow the channel.
As the Senior Technical SEO Specialist you will take ownership of the SEO technical roadmap and execution, to ensure that we continue to be at the forefront of the way customers browse and shop on Depop.
- Set the SEO technical roadmap and drive its execution
- Own key technical performance indicators such as crawling and indexing performance, site speed performance, product categorisation and error rates..
- Design technical solutions that drive SEO performance
- Partner with the engineers and data scientists responsible for SEO objectives
- Take the lead on technical audits and crawl analysis
- Define technical SEO requirements for other production teams that are building on web, and consult with wider technical teams on upcoming projects to avoid any negative impact or missed opportunities
- Relevant SEO experience in a social marketplace or e-commerce business growing globally at scale
- Deep understanding of technical SEO best practices and building internal processes to ensure we are always respecting them
- Capable strategic mindset that will allow this person to prioritise within a deep backlog, and focus on meaningful levers based on insights and competitive advantage. Good balance of big picture thinking without neglecting the details.
- Experience working with cross-functional groups in an agile environment, and leading complex technical projects to completion
- Data driven mindset with the ability to be fairly independent on analysing opportunities and performance
- Structured, organised and with top notch attention to detail
- Fast learner who is not afraid to test new ideas and learn from them, even if they are not all successful
- Proficient in technical project management software like Jira
- Expertise writing SEO requirements, acceptance criteria, and user stories
- Experience with 3rd party tooling for SEO
- Previous experience on App first businesses making meaningful strides in building a Web presence
- Experience in large scale operations - we have a huge number of unique items and members in our platform that are constantly changing
- Interested in building out search performance for a Millennial and Gen Z audience
- Experience running SEO split testing and building SEO data pipelines
- Go the extra mile with data and "hacky" tools - knowledge of SQL, Python, etc.
- Experience operating in the US market
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.