- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
As a People function, we have an ambitious and important mission. We are helping build a company that everyone will want to work for, where our people have impact, feel valued and can grow personally and professionally. We’re at 350 people and growing by 100 each year. To support this growth we are looking to hire an L&D Partner to support the Senior L&D Manager in executing the L&D strategy and creating a learning culture where our teams are high-performing, engaged and feel like they’re growing.
There is a hunger from our teams to learn and improve, and you’ll be empowered to work at pace, experimenting and iterating projects that help up-skill and enable our people to deliver against our strategic priorities.
- Partnering with Depop leaders and subject matter experts in all areas to identify business driven and aligned learning and development needs
- Designing and implementing digital learning resources and materials for our Depop learning platform that are creative, inspiring and engaging to support self paced learning
- Designing bitesize learning workshops on varying topics based on learning needs from the business (both face to face and virtual classroom)
- Support the design and delivery of best in class management development resources and training workshops for our Depop leaders and managers
- Providing inspiring and engaging delivery and facilitation of key learning and development workshops
- Evaluate and measure impact of key learning initiatives using feedback loops and metrics to validate value and impact and adapt accordingly
- Use your initiative to present new ideas for continuous improvement and manage projects from conception to end
- Own the delivery of our monthly Tea and Teach sessions ensuring each session is engaging and impactful
- Work with the People Ops team to evolve the onboarding and induction of all new employees
- Be an ambassador for our values leading by example and embedding them in to all L&D initiatives
- Manage the running and development of our mentoring programmes
- Assist with the development and delivery of our early careers initiatives
- Promote learning and development throughout the business to create a culture of learning throughout the organisation
- Work with the Culture and Comms Lead to design training comms on all L&D initiatives to be sent to the business
- Take time to research and understand new learning trends and ways of thinking to bring to Depop
- Experience as either a Learning and Development professional or technical expert with demonstrable experience in designing, delivering, and evaluating new learning projects/programmes from scratch
- Previous experience working in a fast paced and agile business with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to build solid relationships and collaborate across the business
- Uses qualitative and quantitative methods to understand business needs and opportunities, making recommendations and taking action
- Is an active listener with the ability to problem solve and offer solutions and advice accordingly
- Confident decision maker who is able to own projects and work independently to make things happen
- Excellent skills in facilitation, coaching and mediation. You'll have a natural talent for working with others and acting as a servant-leader
- Experience of talent development and psychometrics
- The desire to improve as an individual and continually develops your own capabilities related to your role
Nice to have:
- Experience working with technology groups such as software engineering, data science, and product management
- Knowledge and experience working on competency frameworks and career paths
- Accreditation in a psychometrics tool such as MBTI, Strengthscope and Insights
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.