- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
The Marketing Technology (MarTech) team at Depop looks after our stack of tools that support our marketing teams - including CRM, SEO, attribution and other marketing operations. The team is responsible for ensuring that we are harnessing data and technology to their fullest potential to power our growth. The team has a wide remit, from delivering tooling to help us collect and analyse marketing data, streamline marketing processes, build attribution and ROI models, and unlock new channels for reaching and engaging with our audience.
The MarTech team at Depop is very cross-functional, bringing together specialists, data scientists, analysts, engineers, delivery managers and business stakeholders. We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing team.
- Support delivery of our MarTech roadmap, helping the team improve existing marketing solutions and bring new ones to life by gathering data requirements from business stakeholders and other analysts in our marketing teams and translating them into technical specifications for execution.
- Work with our MarTech specialist and other members of the team to help us identify and understand potential gaps and shortcomings in our marketing tracking and data sources and identify short/ long term solutions to address them.
- Sanity-check and sign-off new data solutions developed by engineers in the MarTech and BI teams, such as ETLs and other aggregations, to ensure they are delivering expected results.
- Collaborate with data scientists in the team to upgrade our attribution, marketing ROI and other marketing-related models and deliver solutions that meet the business’s ever-evolving needs.
- Support delivery of self-service data capabilities by building models to surface existing and new MarTech data sources in our BI tool Looker (and possibly other tools in the future).
- Promote company-wide best practices around accessing data and using our BI and reporting tools by writing clear documentation, tutorials and hosting training sessions.
- Strong Proficiency in SQL including a solid understanding of how to optimise query performance.
- Experience working with Looker, in particular LookML developer proficiency.
- Previous experience in MarTech, with exposure to various marketing data sources and tools; strong understanding of digital channels such as CRM, SEO, or paid social and familiarity with associated tools such as Google Analytics, Mobile Measurement Partners, etc.
- Experience building and using complex user attribution and marketing mix models to understanding marketing ROI
- The ability to communicate complex problems and analysis simply with a variety of stakeholders and act as a bridge between technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to apply advanced analytical capabilities and troubleshooting techniques to break down complex issues into deliverable action items.
- Collaborative and humble team player with an ability to work with cross-functional teams, including technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a fast-past environment and able to respond to change or uncertainty with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- A strong sense of ownership and highly organised nature
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience working on a marketplace, in a mobile first environment or on social products.
- Working experience with Python.
- Experience building A/B testing analysis tooling.
- Familiarity with workflow management tools such as Airflow.
- Familiarity with ETL design best practices.
Technologies and Tools
- Looker, LookML
Nice to have:
- AWS stack - Redshift, S3, Athena, Glue
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.