- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
User Research at Depop
Depop product teams are a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. Our Design and Research team is equally focused on the functional and delightful. Our work inspires teams across Depop and helps us to get close to our users.
We’re looking for a user researcher to join our growing research and design team at our HQ in London. Your goal will be to help create a product that our users love, you’ll do this by working with designers, product managers, insights and data scientists to identify, scope and carry out user research.
You'll be proactively involved in all stages of product development; from discovery and exploration to testing built solutions. Along the way you’ll use your expertise in user research to plan, carry out and interpret qualitative and quantitative research. Helping your colleagues and team make decisions that are steeped in research, whilst balancing the need for further research and action.
You will intensively collaborate with team members, lead data synthesis and workshop sessions, present research and voice user experience considerations.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research initiatives
- Produce briefs, research plans, discussion guides and analysis frameworks
- Generate actionable insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate product experience
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, insights and other teams
- Devise and run research studies with other team members
- Liaise with other team members and stakeholder to agree project timelines
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects .
- Use a wide variety of mixed research methods; qualitative and quantitative
- Deliver business relevant insights that are brought to life through engaging storytelling, presentations and workshops
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Experienced in designing and leading exploratory and evaluative research projects in multi-disciplinary teams
- Able to distil complex problems into actionable research questions
- Comfortable in launching usability studies and iterating quickly
- Ability to communicate research findings and insights in engaging ways
- A portfolio showing high quality, thoughtful research examples
- Experienced in facilitating workshops
- Experience in conducting marketplace focused research
- Ability to translate user research, user testing and data into impactful insights
- Ability to communicate findings in compelling and engaging ways
- Naturally collaborative and supportive
- Open and curious in crafting new ways to research our audience
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn
- Obsessive about good research
- An effective, articulate communicator
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.