- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Depop is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Agile Delivery Manager who can resolve complex problems while coaching and enabling highly skilled, cross-functional teams. You’ll be working in our Engagement production team, in partnership with the Product Manager and Tech Lead to enable your team to deliver value to the fast growing business and our passionate user base.
Our Engagement team drives user engagement and retention with Depop, creating a regular habit of coming to Depop to be entertained, consume content, learn & engage with the community. The team works closely with our brand & marketing teams to support our content creation strategy and tooling, as well as our Growth stakeholders to drive retention & LTV of our users.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Acting as a servant-leader for your team, finding ways for them to overcome challenges, celebrate successes and learn from failures
- Ensuring your team is set-up for success, taking a data-driven approach in understanding where your team will most benefit from improvement efforts
- Working closely with teams to capture, understand and forecast key deliverables and continuously improve ways of working
- Be deeply embedded in your team and their work, you will strive to ensure the team feels connected with their mission and product
- Senior stakeholder management, ensuring everyone is aligned and informed via regular reporting of progress, risks and issues
- Coaching the team and individuals in making the best possible decisions given the information available
Progression in the role will involve accountability for the holistic success of wider areas of the Engineering department including areas such as communication, hiring, professional development, onboarding and team structure.
- Experience working as a Senior Delivery Lead or Manager with remote, distributed and co-located teams
- A primary focus on achieving tangible results with a team and ability to collaborate closely with other teams to achieve organisation-wide goals
- A growth mindset, with a desire to learn more about technology, products and delivery and to motivate others to do so
- An agile and lean advocate, able to adapt frameworks, share knowledge and understanding and coach others
- Exceptional organisational skills with experience working within time-pressured environments, providing regular and concise reporting and managing risks, issues and complex internal and external dependencies
- Highly collaborative, enjoys working closely with teams to capture, understand and forecast key deliverables
- Brilliant communication skills, able to adapt your message to suit your audiences’ needs and manage senior stakeholders
- Excellent skills in facilitation, negotiation and mediation, you’ll have a natural talent for working with others and acting as a servant-leader
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a mobile first environment, a startup or scale-up environment
- Direct experience of managing augmented/blended teams and team members from third party outsourcing partners
- Experience implementing and tracking against OKRs
- Technically savvy, able to utilise your working knowledge of native development, API service layers and continuous delivery to quickly get to grips with the delivery approach
- Experience with line management and a desire to develop others
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.