- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Data is at the heart of what we do.
Depop is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to join our growing data team.
In this role, you will help shape Depop’s most cutting edge data solutions, data product roadmap and technical architecture from initiation to delivery. You will have the opportunity to instill product management processes and best practices across our data organisation.
You will work closely with business and product stakeholders from a wide variety of domains within Depop, and collaborate closely with the wider data organisation including Insights, Data Science & Machine Learning, MarTech, BI and Data Engineering teams.
We’re building scalable and robust systems to harvest, process and analyse the vast data within our tech ecosystem. With an increasing demand to service all areas of the business, and ultimately our 25 million users, you’ll be at the forefront of pioneering Data-as-a-Service.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team?
We write about technology, people and smart engineering right here -https://engineering.depop.com/
- Act as the first point of contact for all data related projects and work closely with technology, business and product teams to design and deliver robust and scalable solutions - juggling the tradeoff between long-term scalability and unlocking immediate value.
- Work closely with business stakeholders and analysts to gather requirements and actively contribute to technical architecture and design
- Maintain and prioritise data product backlogs in alignment with Depop’s strategic roadmap - including continuous communication of vision, roadmap and progress to all stakeholders
- Drive awareness and adoption of self-serve data services across the organisation
- Work closely with the cross-functional BI team (BI engineers, data analysts and delivery managers) to deliver E2E data solutions, including managing obstacles and uncertainty to ensure the efficient work of the teams.
- Make informed decisions based on rigorous analysis and a deep understanding of our users and business processes
- Align with the leadership team on priorities and strategic goals
- Motivate and provide business context for data and technology teams
- Hands-on experience in delivering data solutions or digital products
- Great commercial awareness. You think constantly about driving business results
- Experience owning the delivery and implementation of highly technical domains around data
- Working experience with databases querying, SQL, ETL pipelines and familiarity with data infrastructure concepts.
- Deep understanding of data solutions design and delivery processes. You are able to efficiently draw on the implications of certain decisions and make tradeoffs when needed in terms of complexity or timelines to better serve our data products.
- Experience in using all forms of user insight, customer research and data analytics to develop products successfully - including familiarity with with BI tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Knowledge around data processing and warehousing systems (batch or stream)
- A strong sense of ownership and highly organised nature. You create order in the world around you and get huge satisfaction from delivering the highest quality features
- Excellent communication skills. You are logical, articulate, and can successfully collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to respond to change or uncertainty with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- A hunger to learn, natural curiosity and a keen eye for detail
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience working on a marketplace, in a mobile first environment or on social products
- Familiarity with machine learning solutions
- Understanding of current big data technologies and cloud services like AWS.
- Understanding of SDLC best practices
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.