- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
As one of London’s fastest growing tech companies, and an increasingly global business, we need excellent product people at all levels. We’re currently hiring for a Product Manager to run our cross functional Account Security team. Our Account Security team ensures that our user accounts are safe and all the bad actors, who have been removed from the platform, remain off the platform. This team is fundamental for all our good users to enjoy Depop’s core experience of safe shopping.You’ll report to a Head of Product Management and you will be expected to help lead your unit while delivering a contribution to its impact and strategic roadmap.
Deciding what to build:
- Prioritising features so that you deliver the highest impact to your quarterly objectives based on your team’s resources
- Use user research, rigorous data analysis and technical guidance to make informed decisions about what to and what not to build
- Scope new features to ensure the right tradeoff between effort and impact
Owning how we build it:
- Designing features that are simple, intuitive and beautiful in collaboration with our Designers and user researchers
- Working with the development team and the Technical Lead to ensure features are built to the specifications
- Recognising obstacles to the team, and making sure they are escalated or resolved where possible
Keeping everyone aligned and informed:
- Aligning with the Head of Product and the functional leadership on the priorities and strategic goals of the wider product area
- Raising blockers to our plans immediately to the team leadership (Technical Lead, Delivery Manager, Head of Product)
- Keeping all stakeholders informed about team direction and progress
- Motivating the team and giving them the context they need to reach their potential
- Beginner’s Mindset is one of our core values. We’re a learning organisation, and a group of people that thrive on getting better every day. Your curiosity and thirst for knowledge are more important than what you know already.
- Resilience. We’re scaling really fast. The things that we do today won’t work tomorrow. You need to be comfortable with the rate of change we’re going through, and excited by the opportunities that affords.
- Great commercial awareness. You think constantly about driving business results, and base your decisions in data, user interviews, and rigorous analysis
- A strong sense of ownership and be highly organised. You create order in the world around you and get huge satisfaction from delivering the highest quality features
- Excellent communication skills. You are logical, articulate, and can work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Previous experience as a Product Manager/Product Owner in an agile environment
Things that would be useful, but are not essential:
- Experience working in a marketplace business
- Experience working on in a mobile first environment or on social products
- A love of fashion, especially if you’re already part of the Depop community
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.