- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
We are looking for an experienced, inspirational Editorial Creative Lead who is highly experienced with youth and fashion culture. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Editorial Creative Lead is a key role in driving and delivering Depop's content, creative execution and output through social media and editorial channels. You'll work closely with Marketing Leads and with the Creative Director to build out Depop’s editorial and social media function and create meaningful work that positions Depop as the most diverse, progressive home of fashion and uses creative content that embeds Depop deeply into youth culture
- Work with the senior stakeholders to build and lead content strategies and the execution of content for Depop’s social media and new editorial channels in 2021 in line with Depop’s brand vision
- Develop and be responsible for innovative, best in class creative content that lives and/or originates in social media to grow the brand with our target audience
- Drive creative ideation and execution for content-driven campaigns and activations to deliver on marketing goals.
- Elevate our approach to video including IGTV, YouTube and TikTok
- Ability to structure/deliver outstanding creative presentations (internally or externally)
- Drive creative excellence, working closely with Creative Director and key marketing leads to ensure the output of the content team is of the highest possible standard
- Alongside Creative Director, Senior Creative Lead and Head of Brand, continually manage the Depop brand position and voice in Depop content: ensuring this is central and consistent across all creative projects and platforms
- Build, manage and mentor a team of creatives, editors and writers (FTE and freelance)
- Recognise opportunities to grow and shape Depop through partnerships and collaborations with brands and influencer talent who align with our values (community, entrepreneurship, sustainability)
- Lead strong relationships with external creative agencies, contributors and partners, internal/ external teams and creatives while managing multiple work-streams with competing priorities
- Be a constant driver to bring ideas, talent, casting, and innovation to Depop content
- Work across multiple departments at Depop on creative ideas and executions for brand collaborations and marketing projects where required
- Extensive experience in a Senior Editorial and Creative role (a minimum of 8+ years within a youth fashion, media, brand or agency environment) working with content creation in social, editorial and brand channels
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering a broad range of creative projects including brand activations, video asset creation, social content creation, campaigns, films, editorial and social strategy, events, digital, print
- Deep understanding of how to make work with paid, owned and earned social environments
- Ability to use data, insight and audience collaboration to make and optimise creative work, working to briefs where needed
- Expert commentator in youth and fashion culture
- Advanced technical skill set; including strategy, editorial, art direction, writing, content creation, presentations and social media
- Act as a brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people/ brands for future opportunities
- Calm under pressure, resourceful and a creative problem solver, used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset, and collaborative nature is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative with the ability to work cross functionally across multiple departments
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.