- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
The Insights team within Depop supports the entire business. Our analysts are embedded within Product and Commercial teams and are an integral part of making sure our business is as data-driven as possible. Insights is comprised of four key groups whose structure mirrors the structure of the teams we support and the company's priorities as closely as possible:
- The Buyers Group and Sellers Group: these two groups are the focal points within the business for analysis and insights into their respective users. They are responsible for building a deep and nuanced understanding of the full user lifecycle.
- The Core Marketplace Group: this team is focused on understanding and supporting core capabilities that improve the overall quality of the user experience in our marketplace, including payments, shipping, and making the user experience safer and smoother for all of our users.
- Strategy & Marketing Group: this team brings together analysts who look after overarching strategy topics, market research, as well as supporting our global marketing teams and localised efforts in our key markets (UK, US, AU, EU).
This role will sit in our Strategy & Marketing Group and will support our growth digital marketing team, focusing on paid and SEO marketing. The role will work closely with our growth marketing experts and is therefore expected to have significant experience supporting marketing strategy across digital channels, particularly SEO and paid.
Analysts at Depop are expected to work autonomously, and produce polished outputs with limited supervision. You may also be expected to take on support and mentorship of more junior analysts in the team.
- Strategic thinking and analysis: you will be expected to become a subject-matter expert and strategic thought partner for the team(s) you support, using a variety of data sources and analytical techniques to help shape decision-making. You will use your analytical skills to influence our commercial and product roadmaps and you will partner with various stakeholders to support the implementation of strategies and initiatives you recommend.
- Spearheading a new area of analytics: inventory management and SEO are both relatively new frontiers for our business, and the marketplace strategy role will by definition support the future strategic direction of the business - so in all of these roles you will be expected to create a robust first-view of user behaviour and other relevant analytics to help the business to understand the evolving landscape, and uncover gaps and opportunities about Depop’s sweet spot and where to invest/divest focus.
- Getting things set up and BAU support: You will work closely with our technology teams to implement new tools and tracking that is relevant to these areas. You will help surface this data in our self-service BI tool Looker, train your teams in new team-specific Looker functionality, and support your team in tracking and analysing key trading and performance indicators around our digital marketing channels.
- Making sure the business knows the numbers: you will become a key point of contact within the team you support for all things data, and you will engage with various stakeholders across the business to ensure decisions are as data-driven as possible.
- Proven track record as an analyst with a wide range of experience under your belt, preferably in a digital marketplace and/or mobile first environment
- Strong understanding of at least one digital channel: search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), or paid social and familiarity with associated tools such as Google Analytics, Mobile Measurement Partners, etc.
- An analytical mind with great problem solving skills and a love of numbers
- Strong commercial awareness and a proactive attitude to make a difference and drive impact
- Strong proficiency in SQL and the ability to work with large, complex and sometimes fragmented datasets
- The ability to communicate complex problems and analysis simply with a variety of stakeholders and act as a bridge between technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience delivering in a high performing, data-driven product team
- A hunger to learn, natural curiosity and a keen eye for detail
- A strong sense of ownership and highly organised nature
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.