Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
As we scale our team to support the growing needs of our community, we’re on the hunt for a talented Chief of Staff, reporting directly to the CEO, to support the management team in their efforts to delivery against our strategic plans, to develop the framework to manage our complex planning and prioritisation processes, and to be a force multiplier for the CEO’s strategic focus.
We’re in need of a highly-organised and detail-oriented genius who can help hold the organisation to account whilst building solid and authentic relationships with the team, helping to guide and focus our executive team, and ensuring we continue to scale effectively and at pace.
- Support the CEO to drive Depop’s strategic priorities, managing planning processes and cross-functional governance structure to ensure focus and execution of objectives.
- Support the Exec Team to monitor the health of the organisation and make specific recommendations on how to improve it, undertaking analysis as needed.
- Oversee large cross-functional projects, aligning processes, helping stakeholders to drive decisions, reducing complexity and unlocking impact from our resources.
- Support the Exec Team in developing the longer-term business strategy for Depop and board-related activities, acting as advisor and counsel to the Exec Team.
- Managing the meeting cadence for the Exec Team and Internal Boards, building effective governance structures, reporting frameworks and preparing Board materials.
- Planning annual all-company strategy sessions, smaller steering group sessions and Exec team away days focused on longer-term planning and decision making.
- Assuming day-to-day responsibilities on projects and tasks, including management of business changes and leading on strategic initiatives as needed.
- Monitor information flow, at times acting as gatekeeper for CEO’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
- Oversee, if necessary, the transfer of projects to other stakeholders in the organisation.
- Able to drive change through effective programme management, with an operational mindset and extensive understanding of B2C, and preferably marketplace dynamics.
- Experience in creation and execution of organisational strategy in digital, high-growth environments with excellent analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand complex ideas and communicate them concisely and clearly to stakeholders with different levels of background knowledge.
- Strong relationship builder able to build and manage relationships right through Exec level to junior members of the team.
- Good understanding of growth businesses economics and track record of corporate finance discipline.
- Good understanding of growth businesses economics and track record of corporate finance discipline
- Passion for the Depop mission with an entrepreneurial streak and a willingness to muck-in and pick up whatever task to get the job done is essential.
- Discrete, results-driven and a humble approach is essential.
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.