Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
We are looking for a Curation Assistant (EU markets) to join our Global Curation team in our London HQ. In this junior role, you will drive the strategy, planning and execution of curation within the app & IRL to deliver them on our existing Italian market as well as Depop’s objectives for our EU expansion markets: Germany, France, The Netherlands & Nordics.
Reporting directly to the Global Curation Lead, you will be in charge of planning, prioritising, researching, and curating for all the above-mentioned markets. Please note this is not an entry-level role.
- Identify inventory (Items & sellers) to appear on Depop’s Italian, French and German Explore page (Featured Sellers & Explore) as well as launching our new markets: The Netherlands & Nordics. Our in-app Curation is critical as it represents our brand, as well as reinforces our editorial and marketing activity.
- Work with weekly targets to ensure we are keeping our Explore section fresh and fully loaded and consistent within our commercial and marketing activations.
- Help collect and build data records to analyse and support our campaigns.
- Regularly report and keep a beady eye on interesting new sellers, inventory, cultural and fashion trends that emerge within the community and communicate with relevant teams to help inform our commercial and marketing campaigns.
- Able to work with visuals while been also a keen process follower, happy to work with spreadsheets as well as a creative eye
- A keen eye for detail to make sure that the Explore Page is always in line with our guidelines and the items featured are not in violation of our terms and conditions.
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial, Community and Marketing teams to deliver Depop’s company strategies.
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role within an international & multicultural environment
- Have an excellent understanding and passion for fashion trends, photography, style and youth culture in general in order to research and report your findings on our Curation Insights report
- Knowledge of German,French, Italian is a big plus.
- Knowledge of EU markets (especially Germany) French and / or Benelux / Nordics markets a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Being reliable and efficient
- Proactive mindset and approach, yet open to managerial guidelines when needed
- Be able to easily adapt to fast paced environments and changes
- Commercially aware, customer focused with the ability to use initiative and intuition
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, self-aware and self-motivated
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to use systems and comfortable working in a technology based environment
- Be happy to support and help team members when needed
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.