Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
We are looking for an Inventory Management Strategy, Senior Manager to help us dig deep into our sellers’ listings and previous sold items (inventory) and provide recommendations to improve the efficiency of our marketplace.
The candidate will be responsible for analysing internal data (category, brand, pricing, etc.) as well as external trends to help us identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of our marketplace: brands in high demand that need to grow in our listings, categories that are mispriced in our marketplace, incorporate new styles or categories to our mix, etc. On the back of this, the candidate will provide and execute cross-functionally the recommendations.
Some of the key partners to this role include Insights, Marketing, Sellers Relationship Management, Product and Customer Experience so you have to be a master of working cross-functionally to be able to be successful in this role.
- Partner with Insights, Data Science and Product to set and implement a measurement framework to understand the quality of our listings and the efficiency of the matching of demand & supply
- Define the Inventory management strategy going forward including building the processes and executing recommendations through a cross-functional team (curation, CRM, Seller Relationship Management, etc.)
- Constantly look for external data points to help us understand how demand will shift in our marketplace and how well equipped we are to tackle those shifts in demands (shifts in consumption, competitive landscape, etc.)
- Build methodology to understand changes in supply in marketplaces in the space
- Inform seller acquisition strategy to unlock new untapped potential in our marketplace
- Partner with the Curation and Local Marketing teams to understand sale time and promotional calendar and ensuring we have the right supply to execute on those campaigns
- Partner with the Community Development team and the Seller Education team to ensure we are providing the right insights to our community
- Significant experience in merchandising, category management or analytical strategy
- Capable strategic mindset that will allow this person to focus activity on meaningful levers based on insights and competitive advantage. Good balance of big picture thinking without neglecting the details
- Data driven mindset with the ability to be fairly independent on analyzing opportunities and performance
- High curiosity to deeply understand levers and performance looking beyond the obvious
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects at once with high level of commitment and great prioritisation skills
- Experience in driving impact through change management and introduction of new processes in a matrix organisation
- Self-starter with a strong bias to action
- Fast learner who is not afraid to test new ideas and learn from them, even if they are not all successful
- Good understanding and experience in driving marketplace liquidity and efficiency
- Previous experience in fashion and marketplaces is a strong plus
- Insight into Millennial and Gen Z behaviors and attitudes is a plus
- Previous experience in a scale up or a business in hypergrowth
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.