- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Manager, Always On in our US team, to drive the planning and execution of our always on marketing calendar to expand Depop’s presence across the US and continue to drive our differentiation in the market. This role reports to the Head of Marketing, US and will be instrumental in planning, prioritising, researching, budgeting and market performance tracking.
As our Senior Marketing Manager, Always On, you’ll have the scope to shape our US “always on” marketing initiatives and drive expansion in our home market (the largest market for Depop), engaging both our buyers and sellers, whilst working with a set of talented, ambitious people with experience from a number of top-tier tech and fashion companies.
The role offers an unrivalled opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing start-ups to really stretch and test your marketing skill-set against one of the world's most demanding audiences.
- Own the US growth and retention targets & lead the US marketing strategy & channel execution for our trading calendar to increase our audience penetration and retain existing consumers - monitoring and leveraging key moments for both buyers & sellers.
- Build and own market performance tracking, leveraging the data to support decisions on the types of engagements and budget to increase brand awareness, new sign-ups, listings, sales and/or community engagement.
- Develop a strong regular connection with our community, tapping into key cultural moments relevant to both our buyers and sellers and US specific audience needs, to set the agenda for our local and global trading calendars.
- Manage full life-cycle of campaigns and initiatives for our Seller Marketing programs, including facilitating production of assets (liaising with the Studio team) as well as supporting on execution of events, pop ups, exhibits, takeovers, etc.
- Be the US Champion for growth marketing - ensure alignment of regional activities with the growth marketing strategy working closely with our X-functional teams in global to optimise our core owned channels.
- Proven experience managing and executing Marketing strategy for the US market (at least 6 years)
- Experience in Gen Z marketing
- Demonstrable understanding of different marketing levers that can be used to drive growth within the UK market
- Ability to self-serve and leverage data (qualitative and quantitative) to back up assumptions and influence plans
- Ability to work as part of a growing entrepreneurial team and take the lead on projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business/commercial mindset and structured thinking
Nice to have...
- Previous work experience in a marketplace / fashion / tech company
- Previous work experience marketing a community first product/platform/business
- Experience working cross functionally in a matrix organisation, working with the global brand in house teams and external agencies as well as channel functions.
- Experience working with small teams and big activation projects
- Excellent organisation skills in managing projects and budgets
- Entrepreneurial, independent, and self-directed person with hunger to grow
- Excellent communicator, mindful of deadlines, details and global/local relevance of campaign distribution
- Marketing mindset, with an understanding of what drives the desired outcome while furthering the core brand values
- Act as brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people/brands for future opportunities
- Core knowledge of excel / word / ppt, strong in the analytical side of marketing activities
- A love for fashion, design and all things creative
- A “no job is too small” attitude and team player
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.