Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Application closing date: Friday 30th November
Right now, we’re looking for an Influencer Marketing Manager to join the team in our New York office. You will be an expert in everything Gen-z, with the ability to identify influencers both mainstream and niche that love fashion, and are key players in the world of content creation.
You will make Depop an inspiring and rewarding destination for Influencers that align with our company values; Community, Entrepreneurship, and Sustainability. Your primary responsibility will be to increase brand awareness and trust amongst our target audience as the ultimate fashion destination via identifying and owning partnerships amongst key influencers, musicians, talent, and celebrities.
You’ll own the performance of these partnerships and marketing initiatives end to end - working with managers, and onboarding talent directly, while defining strategy, collaborating with internal creative, producing briefs and marketing collateral, launching, analyzing, and optimizing our endorsed campaigns.
- Ownership of brand awareness KPIs; you’ll source and leverage qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate relationships and opportunities for growth and execute on new ways to reach the Gen-Z audience via our partners and platforms
- Develop and launch programs and incentives to acquire influencers onto the platform and create ambassadors that will champion our brand pillars, and lead to the ultimate conversion of users to buy and/or sell:
- Define and validate outreach messaging/comms to influencers
- Use customer insight data to inform and aid the team in developing compelling tactics
- Champion the look and feel of the brand via the right influencers
- Pitch and develop engaging partnerships end to end:
- Lead contract negotiation with partners
- Oversee influencer campaigns to ensure timely execution of deliverables from both parties
- Work directly with legal team on developing contracts per partnership
- Deliver agreed on impact within your budget and optimize ROI
- Ownership of influencer pipeline, constantly generating leads:
- Manage flourishing relationships with key influencers, agencies, managers, and PR
- Manage direct reports to increase portfolio and execute initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with social media and integrated/brand marketing teams to define social strategy to drive awareness across social via influencers and expansion across key demographics and channels:
- Source influencers for campaigns that fit various objectives
- 4 years experience cultivating and developing influencer partnerships in music fashion, and creative scenes in order to drive brand awareness and credibility
- A master at building relationships with influencers, management, and other key players
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of youth culture and spotting trends and individuals on the rise across relevant categories
- Strong grasp of commercial analysis; able to compile, analyze and interpret data to identify marketing strategies, develop hypotheses, and test them in the market
- Substantial knowledge in Federal Trade Commission Guidelines (FTC) and standard deal points
- Experience pitching and negotiating with external partners and agencies
- Project management experience with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in GSuite, Excel, and third party analytics
- Motivated and outgoing
- Ability to work both independently, but also as a team player
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.