Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Keeping our community safe on Depop requires both industry-leading policies and processes that allow us to enforce these policies. The trust and safety teams at Depop support our users through both direct support interactions as well as building scalable solutions to keep our community safe.
To support our company-wide efforts to protect users every day we are seeking a strategic and experienced leader who is eager to learn, and is excited to build systems to support millions of people. This critical role is tasked with overseeing and taking on large and impactful projects across key safety areas for Depop. The head of project management will lead the T&S Project Management function, and develop a high performing team who lead change throughout the organisation.
We value people who can think strategically using macro-level insights, while still caring for micro-level cases affecting our community We're targeting an intellectually curious and creative individual who is comfortable operating in ambiguity — a strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
This is the right role for someone with the drive to take ownership of complex tasks and projects, react effectively to dynamic challenges in a fast-paced, high intensity environment, and independently prioritize their activity to deliver the results that our globally expanding business needs. This leader needs to be a strong communicator and influencer with the drive to get things done and gaining momentum across different teams.
- Develop an understanding of safety issues and the architecture and integration points of Depop’ community safety support processes, products, and policies
- Become a thought leader within our overall trust and safety initiatives taking ownership of driving projects from inception to delivery
- Partner with stakeholders and systems teams to execute projects and develop best practices within the team
- Lead and build out a team of project managers who will lead on critical cross functional projects driving the safety of our community
- Develop and lead global projects, establish working team goals, and work with cross functional partners on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development, working directly with global cross-functional teams and influencing high level strategy
- Partner with Engineering, Security, and Analytics to identify, influence, and execute our trust and safety roadmap
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners across policy to drive improvements
- Significant experience working in an Operations, Project Management, Analytics, Product, or equivalent team leadership functioning including people management
- Proven work experience in project management and creating project documentation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification
- Experience communicating to and influencing a variety of audiences
- Strategic thinker with analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience creating and/or improving operational processes across teams/stakeholders and external vendors
- Proven track record of taking ownership, managing conflicting priorities and driving results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with various levels of an organization, both written and verbally, including senior executives
- Experience working in the technology sector or other relevant fast paced environments
- Experience in working within the Trust & Safety industry
- Experience with process design, implementation, and improvement
- Knowledge of data tools such as SQL, SAS and or data visualization (e.g. Tableau) tools
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.