Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
In June 2019, Depop took a significant next step in achieving its ambitious goals, raising a substantial Series C funding round of $50m from a world-class investor: General Atlantic (previous investments include Airbnb, Alibaba, Buzzfeed, Delivery Hero, Facebook, Klarna, Slack, Snapchat and Uber).
Read a little more about us here
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to join our EU team, based out of our London HQ. This role will drive the strategy, planning and execution of campaigns (both digital and IRL), to deliver on Depop’s objectives for our EU expansion markets, namely Germany, France, The Netherlands & Nordics.
This role will be instrumental in planning, prioritising, researching, budgeting and measuring brand awareness and setting KPIs for all marketing initiatives.
- Define and develop the marketing calendar for our EU markets to reach desired objectives and growth targets, taking into account budget considerations.
- Leverage data to determine required activity to increase brand awareness, new sign-ups, sales and/or community engagement.
- Conceptualise and plan marketing activations, taking a 360० view, combining in person and digital channels.
- Build and own a pipeline of potential brand collaborations, and manage the strategy and execution of brand collaborations, campaigns and longer term partnerships.
- Execute on the planned activities, facilitating production of assets (liaising with the in-house Studio team), identifying relevant distribution channels and anticipated outcome of each, managing potential agency relationships as well as execution of events, pop ups, exhibits, takeovers etc.
- Support the global PR team by identifying the relevant agencies, and acting as day-to-day point of contact regarding all local activity.
- Oversee local curation and content activity, including support with social media content.
- Assess potential impact of all planned marketing activities pre-implementation and conduct post implementation ROI assessment.
- Build and maintain key reports for progress and dashboards to understand the impact of the campaigns vs. planned objectives.
- Support generation of insights & competition in the market
- Ideally 3-4+ years’ relevant working experience including marketing, branding, PR, brand collaborations and project management. Knowledge of EU markets (especially Germany) French and / or Benelux / Nordics markets a plus
- Ideal candidate has experience working for a retail brand and/or consumer tech startup.
- Understanding of ‘new’ forms of marketing (social media, influencer marketing, user generated content distribution etc.).
- Ability to assess ROI and performance of marketing campaigns.
- Proven experience working with small teams to deliver on successful activations and projects.
- Ability to work as part of a growing entrepreneurial team and take the lead on projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Who we're looking for:
- Marketing mindset, with an understanding of what drives the desired outcome while furthering the core brand values, including global vs. local relevance.
- Excellent organisation skills in managing projects and budgets, mindful of deadlines and attention to detail.
- Strong and confident communicator, acting as brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people and brands for future opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial, independent, and self-directed person with hunger to grow.
- A “no job is too small” attitude and team player.
- Strong business and commercial mindset with structured thinking skills.
- Core knowledge of Google or Microsoft Applications (e.g. docs, sheets, slides) and strong marketing analytical skills.
- Passionate about fashion, design and all things creative.
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.