Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have over 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of over 250 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
Right now we are looking for a talented and experienced Manager to join the growing Community Support team at Depop as we ramp up Payments and Shipping to provide exceptional end to end experience for our community.
The role will be instrumental in providing the right post transaction experience to our community to drive a trusted shopping experience.
When things go wrong, your team will provide the resolutions support, act as the mediators and be impartial and fair in decision making and surprise and delight if any user needs extra care across items not arriving or items not being quite as expected, through to complex chargeback and fraud reports.
This role reports directly to the Head of Support and is responsible for building out a brand new function that drives efficiencies in how we scale Depop Payments powered by Stripe, and aligns our current PayPal partnership. This role is integral in building out our overall post purchase experience for both buyers and sellers.
We are looking for someone who has a strong understanding of marketplace transactions, and the importance of good seller behaviour to improve trust in transactions. Depop currently partners with USPS and Hermes for shipping, and as we scale we want to constantly challenge and improve working processes across our large global team, for both shipping and payment providers.
- The governance of Stripe users and end to end processes - provide seamless dispute resolution support on all operational fronts.
- Building and maintaining projection based resource planning based on dispute volume
- Building out and managing a skilled disputes team that function as operating arm and insights to our product roadmap development
- Reporting on detailed user behaviour around our main contact drivers
- Tracking and reporting on dispute insight against forecast/budgets
- The end to end dispute resolution process, including not arrived, not as described user reports
- Working closely with the Risk/Fraud functions to ensure clarity for the Support team in handling suspicious activity
- Be obsessed with user sentiment and ensure we follow through with any negative experiences
- Goodwill budgets to manage returns and refunds
- Working directly with the Fulfilment Product teams on upcoming changes/bugs
- Hands on experience with e-commerce or marketplace platforms in a tech environment
- Hands on experience with marketplace dispute resolutions in the e-commerce space and with different payment providers
- Management experience within a customer centric environment
- A natural curiosity in to problem solving, and strong in driving solutions
- Self-motivated with great problem-solving skills and root cause analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and to be able to work with all levels within the organisation building a trusted partnership
- Proven understanding of customer service tools, Such as Zendesk, ORN, Salesforce
- Working in a fast paced, high growth sector with user first objectives
- Relationship management with 3rd parties and outsourcers
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6 percent on your pension based on qualified earnings and have retail discounts from benefithub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.