Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have more than 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Part of the Chief Technology & Data Officer team the VP of Innovation and Emerging Technologies is a strategic innovation figure with a career spanning corporate and/or consulting environments. Experienced in strategy, solution design, product development and business growth through innovation, this person would be a seasoned leader who has cultivated and managed teams across multiple industry disciplines.
As VP of Innovation and Emerging Technologies you will lead the identification and development of emerging technologies with unwavering passion for delivering innovative, new products across Depop business. You will relentlessly and successfully drive the Innovation function solving real consumer needs with a focus on both the short-term and long-term product roadmap. You have the mindset that anything is possible and possess the willingness to do whatever it takes to win. You will also build and develop supplier relationships and develop strategic partnerships with those who share our goal of continuous innovation and breakthrough thinking.
Drive Innovation Opportunities
- Identify, develop and execute high-impact Innovation Strategy and Innovation Roadmap aligned to strategic business goals and growth priorities.
- Manage a balanced portfolio of Innovation projects that span sustaining and disruptive initiatives focused on product, service, process, and business model innovation.
- Identify external assets and companies that may accelerate innovation and market access through partnerships and acquisitions.
- Work closely with the Product, Technology and Business teams to create viable business models and commercialization strategies for mature innovations.
- Promote Depop innovation agenda by influencing business leaders and senior management for successful execution of the agenda.
Build and Grow Innovation Capabilities
- Develop and maintain strong ties with Product, Technology and Business teams; educate and train teams on new solutions and innovations; drive innovation, presentations and innovation sessions.
- Plan successful commercialization of innovation initiatives.
- Track and report on Innovation metrics and business impact on a regular basis.
- Relevant experience in Product and Technology Innovation.
- Experience in building a digital platform and how they transform businesses
- Deep understanding of significant aspects of technologies and business models relevant to the Depop industry.
- Demonstrated success in defining a culture of Innovation and driving dramatic growth through new revenue sources.
Expected Outcomes of Role
- A clear Innovation Strategy exists for the organization.
- The Innovation strategy is understood and endorsed by key stakeholders including executive leadership, customers and innovation team members.
- A well-balanced Innovation Roadmap exists that drives investments & top line growth.
- The Innovation Roadmap can be clearly linked to commercial benefits and drives future revenue and profit.
- Depop is successful in taking Innovation to market in a timely and scalable manner.
- Depop Innovation differentiate the company in the marketplace, provide unique value to customers and help build long-term relationships with customers.
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Financial: We match up to 6 percent on your pension and retail discounts through benefithub.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.