Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have almost 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
As a fashion marketplace, our buyers and sellers are the driving force of our business, which makes supporting and protecting our incredible community a top priority for Depop. We have a large Community Experience (CX) team both in-house and outsourced, who manage incoming reports from our customers about everything from transactional issues, to sensitive and often difficult post transactional situations. As we scale our business, maintaining the highest standards of customer service is critical to evolve, and working on driving the mission of ‘quality over quantity’ means looking at both internal and external tooling to improve the user and agent journey.
To support this mission, we have created a Customer Experience product team, whose primary goal is to develop a best-in-class self-service help and dispute experience for every Depop user. This product team will work alongside our CX agents to support them in shaping the tooling needed to provide the most efficient operational support. The CX team will also work closely with our Trust & Safety function in house to drive initiatives to keep our users safe.
Right now, we are looking for an Operations Analyst to join our growing team in London. You will join the cross-functional CX team, working closely with the product manager and with other Community Experience leaders across the business to evaluate the effectiveness of current strategies and workflows. You will perform and communicate impactful analyses to improve the customer experience and influence Depop’s CX roadmap, and support developing insight into contact drivers to challenge how we move forward in improving the user journey.
- Discovery and strategic thinking: you will be expected to become a thought partner for your team about everything relating to customer experience analytics. You will use a variety of data sources, including our internal databases and third party tools like Zendesk, to identify priority areas which will inform your team’s future roadmap, by identifying and analysing opportunities to improve the user experience and how we deliver support to our users.
- Supporting your team’s analytics BAU: you will work closely with the product manager, delivery manager, designers and engineers in your team, as well as stakeholders within our operations team, to deliver against your product roadmap each quarter. BAU responsibilities include supporting discovery and prioritisation of new features, designing and interpreting A/B tests, and building dashboards and reports to track performance metrics.
- Making sure the business knows the numbers: you will become the point of contact for CX teams at Depop for all things data, and you will engage with various stakeholders across the business to ensure decisions are as data-driven as possible. You will develop KPIs, reports and dashboards using our BI tool Looker to help CX track their performance and effectiveness, and identify areas for optimisation.
- Upskill: You will help individuals in your team become more data-driven by acting as a data mentor for your colleagues, and by organising training sessions to introduce new methods and tools.
- Managing our data pipeline: you will work with our data and engineering teams to ensure that the necessary tracking is implemented within your product area, and that our data pipelines are consistently accurate, reliable and up-to-date end to end - from collection to consumption.
- An analytical mind with good problem solving skills and a love of numbers
- Commercial awareness and a proactive attitude to make a difference and drive impact
- Strong proficiency in SQL and the ability to work with large datasets
- Experience working in analytics in an operational environment such as supply chain management, resource scheduling or service desk/ call center operations.
- The ability to communicate complex problems and analysis simply with a variety of stakeholders (both technical and non-technical)
- Experience delivering in a high performing, data-driven product team
- A hunger to learn, natural curiosity and a keen eye for detail
- A strong sense of ownership and highly organised nature
Bonus points for:
- Experience working on a marketplace, in a mobile first environment or on social products
- Familiarity with tools like Looker, Google Analytics and Branch
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6 percent on your pension based on qualified earnings and have retail discounts from benefithub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010 Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.