Head of Product, Buyers
Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have more than 18 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us here.
Product at Depop
Depop’s mission is to transform fashion through defining the best digital experience for our Sellers and Buyers. As our community continues to grow, we’re looking for an exceptional Head of Product to lead the Buyers functional streams, supporting and growing a high performing team of product managers delivering against our OKRs.
This role will report directly to SVP Product and own three product teams - Discovery, Engagement and Growth. Our Discovery product team is improving the new buyer discovery journey, ensuring new users understand how to use Depop and removing friction around the first purchase, and making the whole experience more personalised. Our Engagement team drives user engagement and retention with Depop, creating a regular habit of coming to Depop to be entertained, consume content, learn & engage with the community. Our Head of Buyers will be tasked with rebuilding the Growth Production team in 2021 focused on acquiring new buyers and supporting our efforts in international expansion.
Our Head of Buyers will have the opportunity of redefining the Buyers experience for Depop, delivering the strategy and roadmap to creating THE fashion marketplace for the next generation as well as fostering and growing engagement from our passionate community.
At Depop, we work in multidisciplinary teams (Product, Design, Engineering, Analysts and Agile Delivery managers) that focus on particular products. You will lead teams, coach and mentor them, and are comfortable working with OKR’s and stretch targets. We are collaborative in our approach and you will drive the product vision, prioritize roadmaps based on business objectives, work well with designers and developers, gather data to drive decision making across multiple production teams, and ensure alignment and buy-in from a variety of business stakeholders. You will also drive Depop towards operational excellence.
- Establish the key themes, objectives and key results for your functional area, and empower your teams throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Build strong business cases through a data-driven approach and align business stakeholders behind key opportunities for our product development.
- Ensure the deep partnership between engineering, designers, researchers, and analysts within the production teams to deliver against your vision (need add “how” as there is not authority here, eg. “By <doing>”)
- Manage a team of product managers, offering support both in their day-to-day and the development of their skills for the growth of their career
- Effectively recruit amazing talent and build a high performing team
- Drive Product cross-team collaboration and standardization across your different production teams with efficient processes & best practices
- Champion the voice of the customer, leveraging user research and data insights and turning them into actionable plans to deliver the best customer experience throughout the user lifecycle.
- Have a strong understanding of the complexities of a marketplace, balancing the needs for both our buyers and sellers and the business metrics
- Be a smart problem solver, who does not hesitate to get hands on to unblock your teams and deliver quality solutions quickly.
- Proven track record of success launching and iterating digital products leveraging a digital marketplace
- Minimum of 6 years experience in Product Management/Extensive experience working in relevant product management role
- Experience in people management of at least 3 direct reports
- Relevant experience in an e-commerce, marketplace or social product
- Worked within an agile software environment to deliver customer-led outcomes
- Ability to easily transition between strategic thinking/planning and execution
- Ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision and get things done
- Exceptional communication skills, both written & verbal/presentation. You should have experience communicating and influencing at multiple levels of an organization
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong bias towards action
- Naturally collaborative and supportive
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.