Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have over 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of over 250 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
We are looking for a Head of Product Marketing to join our expanding Growth team. This person will be responsible and accountable for building and shaping this new area of marketing for Depop, overseeing the planning, developing, implementing and reporting of our product marketing efforts across the organisation.
The Head of Product Marketing will be responsible for our go-to-market strategy and execution of new product launches. This person will also be in charge of developing a measurement framework for Product Market Fit that should inform future product development work at a global and/or market-specific level.
This is a very cross-functional role in the organisation as it requires to partner up closely with Product, Engineering, CX, Insights, Marketing, etc.
- Drive go-to-market strategy and execution for new product launches across both sides of the marketplace (Buyers & Sellers)
- Partner with Product Managers and Leadership team to influence product development (what to build & who to build it for)
- Define a plan for distribution through owned & paid channels and coordinate with the responsible teams for execution, including co-setting adoption targets
- Partner with CX, Insights & User Research to really understand our customers on both sides of the marketplace (Buyers & Sellers)
- Define a Product Market Fit methodology for Depop overall and at an audience/feature level to help us understand PMF at a macro and market-specific level
- Ideally 6+ years of product marketing experience, ideally in global Tech and/or App first businesses
- Obsessed about improving the experience of our users and customers
- Loves data and understand how both quantitative and qualitative data need to be present to really understand our customers and launch the best products in the market
- Strong communicator, including storytelling through data
- Commercial mindset
- Results and outcomes driven with proven track record in the space
- Demonstrated experience partnering with Product Management and Engineering teams. Previous cross-functional leadership with proven influencing skills
- Strong project management skills - you are ultimately responsible for the delivery of the plan and need to be able to manage all aspects of it
- Previous experience starting a Product Marketing team and/or workstream a plus
- Previous experience in fashion and marketplaces is a strong plus
- Insight into Millennial and Gen Z behaviours and attitudes is a plus
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6 percent on your pension based on qualified earnings and have retail discounts from benefithub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.